Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 04 Trx450r. Just looking over it I’m seeing there is a nipple coming off of the right rear of the motor right by the shock adjustment. Can someone tell me what it and and is there supposed to be a hose there. All the pictures I see has one there but I can’t tell where it going.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I believe that hose goes up to the valve cover, I just recently rebuilt my 04 450r and I'm sure that's the hose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay I’ll have to check it out. Just looking at it it kind of look blocked off but idk if there is dirt in there or what. The whole top end was just re built so the shop could have forgotten to put it back on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,317 Posts
That’s actually the transmission breather hose, it does not get connected to anything, it does run up to the heat shield and there’s a spot that it gets inserted into it. But again, it needs to breathe. Many guys end up sticking that hose on a nipple of the carburetor and it can’t breathe and will blow out seals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. However I think your talking about the one that is closer to the cylinder that comes up and t’s off. About 3 or 4 inches behind that one is another hose connection. Just want to make sure we are talking about the same one.

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,317 Posts
Yes, we are all talking about the same hose. #2 in the diagram below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that’s the one. Looks like there is dirt clogged in there I guess I gotta open it up and get that breather line. Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe that hose goes up to the valve cover, I just recently rebuilt my 04 450r and I'm sure that's the hose.
I'm currently building my 04 450...any tips you have for me? Just got the swingarm cleaned up and new pivot bearings and carrier bearings. About to put the axle in after its cleaned off and start the engine build

·
Registered
34 Posts
All I have to say is take your time on the engine, I got mine together and all put in and now I figured out I cant shift gears, I might have to tear it out again and all apart for possibly my shift forks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts