Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had problems this weekend with missing downshifts while climbing sand dunes. i kept hitting a spot between gears, like nuetral but it was between 2nd and 3rd. and also sometimes my tranny gets stuck in 3rd or 4th and won't upshift. is all of this just because i'm not shifting hard enough, like i'm just giving it enough to get into the next gear but not far enough to let it shift the next time i try?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
It may be your boots and your shifter adjustment.

If your boots do not allow the shifter to reach it's detent, it will cause the transmission to not shift properly.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by 86atc250r@Jun 14 2004, 08:18 PM
It may be your boots and your shifter adjustment.

If your boots do not allow the shifter to reach it's detent, it will cause the transmission to not shift properly.
I was thinking that myself but believed it to be too simple. Are your boots real stiff (new)?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Somtimes i do that when i have my ridding boots on but when i am ridding out at the sand dune's i have my tenny's on and i never miss any gears....just a thought when was the last time you adjusted the clutch???? B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
I agree with what they said....It happens to me sometimes when I dont let the shifter relax all the way back down before you try to shift into the next gear...it will get hung up....Just relax your foot, and then try to shift again....it should be fine then... :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I caught myself doing the same thing today while riding. I took a sharpie marker and marked the position of the shifter, which with the DG pro peg nerfs was lower than with the original pegs. I then took my trusty 8mm nut driver and loosened the shifter hold down bolt and moved it two notches higher. I found myself shifting better instantly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts