Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how many of you members are in the military. Ive been seeing alot of military people chiming in and being part of the site. Let us know your rank and location. I'm an E5 Electronic tech. in the Navy stationed at NASJAX. I work on the all mighty P3 Orion. Hoorah!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm retired Army/Army Reserves. E6 Staff SGT.

I worked on the:
1 - Cobra Attack Helicopter - Mechanic and CrewCheif - 1978 - 1981 Ft. Campbell, KY.
2 - Huey Utility Helicopter - Mechanic and CrewCheif - 1982 - 1996 Los Alamitos, CA
3 - BeachCraft TurboProp fixed Wing - Mechanic and CrewCheif - 1994 - 1996 Los Alamitos, CA

Also I was a evaluator for war time readdiness. 1996 - 1999 Phoenix AZ

I retired Dec 1999 (I had enough)

21 Years 1 month

·
Registered
263 Posts
iam an A1C in the air force.iam a hydraulic tech on mcguire in nj

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Finished as an E4(spec) in Oregon Army NAtional Guard. I spent just over two years in an active duty slot before rercieving an honrable/medical discharge. I was an 88Mike( truck driver). Spent 3 summers haulin troops in and out of Oregons forest fires. Hooorahhhhh

·
Registered
552 Posts
I am an Information Technician First Class (E-6) in the US Navy. Currently stationed at NAVOCEANPROFAC Whidbey Island, Wa. Will have been in the Navy 15 yrs in February. 5 more yrs until retirement.

·
Registered
90 Posts
E-8 Senior Chief Aviation Electronics Tec.
Retired in 1996.

Spent most of my career with the F-14 Tomcats!
Last tour with the Bounty Hunters of Fighter Squadron Two!

Wish I was in the fight that's going on now!

RRideRR

·
Registered
18 Posts
I`m in the Civil Air Patrol. Auxilary of the Air Force! I go to Deer Valley Composet Squadron 302 (composet means the cadets do most of the stuff) I am currently working on C/SSgt. if any of you are on an E.S. Team let me now, i`m comm. ops(communication operations)hoooraaaah
B)

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just did my 4 in the Air Force. E-4 SrA. Medic and was stationed at Barksdale AFB, LA. Now live outside of Jacksonville, FL.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Originally posted by KC400x@Oct 7 2004, 03:53 PM
I`m in the Civil Air Patrol. Auxilary of the Air Force!  I go to Deer Valley Composet Squadron 302 (composet means the cadets do most of the stuff) I am currently working on C/SSgt. if any of you are on an E.S. Team let me now, i`m comm. ops(communication operations)hoooraaaah
  B)
i used to be in CAP....good organization...I plan on joining air force within next year....is the air force community college any good?

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The AFCC is not everything that your recruiter has/will tell you it is. When I was in, there were only certain certifications/classeses that were actually transferrable or accredited. It might be different now but am not sure. Besides that, your recruiter will paint this wonderful picture that you can get off work with the AF and go to night school. Yeah Right!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i did 4 years in the army E-5 SGT Combat Engineer, they told me that i would be able to go to school at night, my last year in we were in the field 265 days. not much time for school after that. but its all good

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Remmy,
Where do you live? I live on NAS JAX. Hit me up if you want to get togehter

563-1542

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I live in Lake City - about 60 miles West of Jax. I was born and raised in Jax but prefer a lil less busy city. I do not have a quad yet, but will soon. I will keep you in mind since I do not know anyone who has a quad.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am a SSgt in the Air Force. I am a hydraulic mechanic stationed at Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota. I ride a lot in the Black Hills and at Farmingdale.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am active duty AIR FORCE and I have been in for about seven and half years now. I am Electrical/Environmental(spark chaser). I was backshop for five years of that and worked F-111, F-16 during that time. I am now on the flightline side working F-16 and other than the hours I dig it. I have been at Cannon AFB, NM since end of 1997. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
RORO450R,
What month did you go through Basic? I went through basic in January and graduated Valentines Day '97. Just curious if perhaps were were in the same squadron. I was in 320th.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I think we just missed each other, I was there between april and march I believe. I was in 323, If i remember right it was the house of pain. How do you like your ac nerf bars? I had some back march and took them back do to fitting problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm active duty Air Force 3E072 (Power Production) stuck at Langley Va where there is no where to ride. I was in Death Row when I went threw basic I can;t remeber what squadron it was though. I've been in since june 97. I'm working with Intelligence now been with them for about 4 years.

·
Registered
745 Posts
usaf (ret) 20 yrs.apr 77-apr 97 e-7 live las vegas. spent last ten yrs at nellis. was stationed at w/p ,dayton oh. jun77-oct 81. shaw afb s.c. oct 81- dec 84 kwan ju afb korea jan 85 -jan 86. minot afb n.d jan 86 -jun 87. nellis till i retired. do most of my riding at armagosa dunes. about 100 miles north on 95. benn to dumont a couple of times. also ride at apex.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts