Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dirt Track racing returns to Ozark Mtn ATV Raceway this weekend (Apr 19th) for Round 2 of the new Lucas Oil ATVA Midwest Extreme Dirt Track Championship Series.

Ozark Mtn ATV Raceway, located near Springfield, Missouri is host to Round 3 of the ATVA Extreme Dirt Track Nationals as well as Rounds 2 and 4 of the Lucas Oil ATVA Midwest Extreme Dirt Track Championship Series and several other events throughout the season.

This will be the perfect opportunity to support quality regional dirt track racing as well as getting up to speed for the impending season of nationals and local racing.

The track has been freshly updated with a revised layout, no one has yet raced on this new layout so it should be an even playing field for everyone even if you've never attended an event at OMAR in the past.

Hope to see you all there - as of now, looks like perfect racing weather @ 70 degrees!

Check out http://www.mwedt.com/ or http://www.ozarksatvraceway.com/ for more info.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
My bike is not done yet, but I would be there if it was...I will be there watching though if my buddy decides he wants to go.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell him he definitely needs to go - will be a great time, the track will be better than ever

·
Registered
81 Posts
Track was alot better than last years National track. Option lanes were not quite equal yet, but that should be an easy fix. Other than that, all in all was pretty good.
I would definately put this track on your schedule this year and should be a fast and exciting track for the National Race. Job well done to Roy and crew.
Thanks for all the hard work for us racers to have a place to enjoy and race.
Amanda Howe #77

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Any results?
Who won the pro classes?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Full results should be up soon but here's the top five from the Pro-Am Unlimited & Pro-Lite classes

Pro-Lite
1st Danny McGraw
2nd Trent Powell
3rd Kendall Webb
4th Chris Mezo
5th Colter Loshbaugh

Pro-Am Unlimited
1st Danny McGraw
2nd Trent Powell
3rd Wyatt Gann
4th Cory Wilson
5th Chris Mezo

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a cool pic a friend sent me from this past weekend's race that I thought I'd share.... This is touching down just over the bridge at the track at this past weekend's event.

Hopefully we'll have a bunch of pics posted soon at the OMAR website

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
cool pic, looks like a sweet track!

·
Registered
897 Posts
ditto^^

he and i have banged bars more than once, great guy!

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad they made it out too - hope they enjoyed the track

I finally got away from registration long enough to get out during pro practice to break my bike in. To that point I hadn't had the chance to get out on the track since last year, nor had I even ridden my completely rebuilt engine or suspension setup.

I normally run the age classes and Pro-Am Unlimited, but thought I would sit the pro-am out since I had no idea if my jetting was close or if the bike was going to handle at all, nor had I ridden since November last year at the 12hrs. After the event I was a little bummed because it ended up working so well. I probalby have the best setup I've ever had right now both handling and power wise - substantially better than what I ran the nationals with last year.

We'll probably either be at the Versailles track or Brownstown this coming weekend. Hopefully the rain stays away.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Glad they made it out too - hope they enjoyed the track

I finally got away from registration long enough to get out during pro practice to break my bike in. To that point I hadn't had the chance to get out on the track since last year, nor had I even ridden my completely rebuilt engine or suspension setup.

I normally run the age classes and Pro-Am Unlimited, but thought I would sit the pro-am out since I had no idea if my jetting was close or if the bike was going to handle at all, nor had I ridden since November last year at the 12hrs. After the event I was a little bummed because it ended up working so well. I probalby have the best setup I've ever had right now both handling and power wise - substantially better than what I ran the nationals with last year.

We'll probably either be at the Versailles track or Brownstown this coming weekend. Hopefully the rain stays away.[/b]

I know quite a few of the guys are going to go to Brownstown sat. and then as soon as the TT is done head over to Bellville for their TT that night. Rain permitting of course. I would be there, but my motor is still not together. :veryangry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts