Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked a little and couldn't find any. They do make them for 450R's right? I'm just curious to see whats floating around in there. Thanks for the help in advance!!

·
Registered
259 Posts
you can find them on ebay. but they only have them for 06 models. i dont know if theres a diff between the 05 and 06 plugs but thats what the descriptions say

·
Registered
571 Posts
My only advice is to find one that the magnet is not pressed in.

I used to run one of those in our old YFZ race bike and one time when I was changing the oil I discoverd that the magnet was missing. I spent a week pulling everthing I could off the motor, trying to find it. And ultimatly I was able to pull it out with another magnet on the end of a stick, thru the drain bolt hole. But I was on the edge of pulling the motor and splitting the cases. Our bolt was aluminum and of course the magnet part is steel so it was just pressed into the end of the bolt.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm. My buddy at our local shop looked and said that he couldn't find any for an 05. Maybe I should start mass producing them lol.

Do the newer model drain plugs(06+) fit in the 05 machines. It would be nice if they would lol. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
put your bolt on a strong magnet. after a while it will magnetize.[/b]
Will it stay magnetized after a long period of time?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 05 and 06 have different plugs, the 06 is a lot bigger plug.[/b]
Does anybody on here with a 04-05 have a magnetized drain plug? If so, where'd you get it? Want to sell it lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts