Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to sell my R and pick up a dirt bike. Just need help to decide on what to get.

CRF 250, I hear they are lots of maintnance? true? and are they powerfull?

CRF 450, I have ridin one, think its great! but more expensive.

CR 250, 2 stroke! Dot realy mind them but how reliable and maintnace?

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
The CRF450....R/X is the most powerful of the bunch....but pricey...

the CRF250 is not nearly as strong....but still a great trail/mx bike if you dont need all that power..... just watch the 'lite' class.......they scoot along pretty good.....but most of those guys are relatively 'lite' themselves.....

the CR250R is my favorite...not cuzz it is the best...or fastest..... but it is virtually maintenance FREE.... relatively cheap in comparison, and has top notch power and suspension...... my only recommendation is to purchase a pre-2002 model.... they switched to a Case Reed induction system in 2002 and never solved the low/mid power problem......

my 98 CR250R will hang with any other bike...... except on a tight track...where the 450 powerplant shows how strong it is coming out of the corners...and getting traction......

the 450 and CR250 are more bike than most can handle..irregardless of what they say....

the CRF250 is much more suited for the average rider.....decent power....but not TOO much....

jmho.....

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
the 450 and CR250 are more bike than most can handle..irregardless of what they say..[/b]
I know thats right. I got on my buddies CR250. I will NEVER do that again. I thought for sure it was gonna be my last day.

·
Registered
889 Posts
my brother wants a 250R not sure why.... and if i were to get a bike i would get the 450r cuz if i get a 250r i would get bored of the power and want the 450r

·
Premium Member
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I think its gonna be a CR 250, not the CRF 250 (not enought power) and probly not the 450 becaus its to mutch money!

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
my brother wants a 250R not sure why.... and if i were to get a bike i would get the 450r cuz if i get a 250r i would get bored of the power and want the 450r[/b]

I think your comparing the CRF250 to the CRF450....not the CR250R..... cuzz not too many people get bored with the power of the 250R.....but maybe....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts