Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wandering how do you lube clutch cables and throttle cables because my maxima dot 4 brake fluid says u can lube cables with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You need a cable luber. It's a little piece that sells for about 10 bucks at most dealers. You put the cable in it, then put the end of the tube sprayer in it and it forces the lube down the inside of the cable jacket. Works great.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks man

·
Registered
327 Posts
NO, ITS TO LUBE IT .....IN THE OLD DAYS WE WOULD RUBBERBAND A BAG WITH OIL IN IT. AND LET IT GO OVERNIGHT. LET GRAVITY RUN IT THROUGH.. B) B)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Personally, I don't lube cables.

Yes, there is reasoning behind that, actually quite a bit of reasoning.

1.) Cable lubing is a messy and time consuming job, even with a fancy cable luber device.

2.) With what my time is worth, I'm money ahead to just buy new cables - especially considering that Honda cables are very reasonably priced.

3.) I've never had much luck with cable lubing restoring cable action to "like new" -- Over the years I've found that once a cable starts dragging, no amount of lube will fix it when under stress --- yes, it will feel good when not under load, but put a load on it & a new cable will always feel a bunch better.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the info :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts