Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this possible?

All I have is a Complete LRD Exhaust and k&n filter 180 jetting
and i met this guy with 450r and he had The HRC Kit and a slip on white bros, 13 tooth sprocket K&N filter and 185 jetting.. and i beat him drag racing....i think he needs a header to let it breathe!!!

Well it was a 1/4 mile at least and it was flat and he weighed about 200 lbs like me and he was no novice either i also gave his bike a whirl and he beat me so it felt like my bike had alot more low end than his!!!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
how far was the race? was it on flat ground or on a hill? whats your body weight and his body weight? Did he appear to be shifting right or does he ride like a new guy?

you haven't given us much to work with yet as far as info.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Lukester.... read the second part of his post to answer your questions. :)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by DaNNNNNy9@Aug 3 2004, 11:58 AM
Lukester.... read the second part of his post to answer your questions. :)
Haha, I see that now, mabey he edited his post because I willing to bet that info wasn't there when I made my post.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Your quad probably does have better bottom end than his. The hrc cam makes about 2 hp less up till about 6000 rpms compared to stock using the same pipe. If he was running the stock headpipe than that will also cut back on the power output compared to an aftermarket piece like you said. Plus over the course of a 1/4 mile you should beat him just because you have 4 to 5 mph on him up top because of his 13t sprocket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have full lrd exaust with k&n kit and 180 main. I raced a few 450r's at sand
lake in oregon a few weeks ago and beat a 450r with k&n, hrc cam and bill ballance
pipe. the rider was 30 pounds lighter than me and i still beat him by 2 quad lengths
up the hill. we also had the same paddles 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers. I let him
ride my bike and he said it had more low end than any other 450r he has rode.
lrd exaust does kick ass!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Originally posted by GRD_RacingGuy@Aug 2 2004, 11:29 PM
All I have is a Complete LRD Exhaust and k&n filter 180 jetting
I have the same set up but have the HRC cam installed. I am running a 52/195 and clip on the 5th notch. I talked with LRD at DUNEFEST last week and they said I need to run a 50 pilot and the clip on the 4th notch for peek performance. Pretty close, if I do say so for myself. I love the exhaust system. Not to load but sound good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
13.8:1 sparks je piston, sparks cam, lrd kit (full pipe, k&n, jet kit, outerwear, ring)... anyone have this setup or opinions on this setup? just wanting some thoughts before i dump some time and money into it... thanks for the help...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts