Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find my damn owners manual anywhere so that's why I need a little help.

I want to lower my quad my adjusting the preload and want to make sure that you do this by moving the silver and gold-colored rings at top up...

Thanks for the help,
Zack

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thats correct kid,
You will see 2 rings at the top of your shock, the one on the top locks them in place. Loosen these until you are at your desired riding level and retighten rings.

schmitty

·
Registered
936 Posts
you dont need a shock wrench, just take a screwdriver and a hammer, and gently tap them loose. to raise the preload( which lowers the bike) you need to tap the top ring in a counter clockwise motion, which will cause the rings to loosen, and move upward. if you ride mainly trials, you want about 8'' of ground clearence.

·
Registered
218 Posts
The preload will not effect the ground clearance, The tire size does.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by durabluz400@Jul 7 2004, 08:37 PM
The preload will not effect the ground clearance, The tire size does.
it depends on how you look at it...here is why...it wont change the overall bottome ground clearence of you rear axle skid plate...but it will lower the center of the quad frame, under the engine...so it does affect ground clearence, but not overall ground clearance...

·
Registered
315 Posts
I don't think there is enough of a threaded colar on the shock to make much of a difference. You could maybe get an extra inch of drop if your lucky.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Outlwd@Jul 7 2004, 09:21 PM
I don't think there is enough of a threaded colar on the shock to make much of a difference. You could maybe get an extra inch of drop if your lucky.
thats exactly right....about 1 inch drop...witch lowers the overall center of gravity a whole inch....and that can make a pretty big difference.....

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
i told you TRXKID.

and the rear lowers alot more than the front guys
like 2 inches

1 - 9 of 9 Posts