Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard about this on the radio. They are talking about lowering the drinking age. I dont drink. Im in AA. I cant drink responsibly. But, I think 21 is ridiculous. In Germany its 16 for Beer and 18 for Hard Liquor. Heres how I see it. An 18 or 19 year old can go to Iraq risk their life and fight for our Country, but cant drink a Beer? Thats just not right. Sure there may be some irresponsible 18 yr olds out there, but I can show you quite a few irresponsible 30 and 40 year olds too. Heres an article from USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-0...inkingage_N.htm

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
damn im already 20... couldnt they have done this a while back.. crap! i dont think they should though because think about how many 16 year old kids will be driving around drunk.. seriously if some one 18 can buy it then you can damn well bet that 16 year olds have friends that are 18 and we will have some drunk little sh!t heads all over the place

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
i totally agree. you've gotta look at it this way, how many underage kids are drinking nowadays? i don't think the number won't marginally increase if the drinking age dropped to 18. alot of kids 14 and younger drink regularly where i am from and i know the rest of the country can't be that much different. it can't get much worse haha

i'm not just saying this because i am 19 and like to drink beer.

but in all seriousness. if you are old enough to get killed in a foreign country, then you should be able to legally enjoy a brew at the same age

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn im already 20... couldnt they have done this a while back.. crap! i dont think they should though because think about how many 16 year old kids will be driving around drunk.. seriously if some one 18 can buy it then you can damn well bet that 16 year olds have friends that are 18 and we will have some drunk little sh!t heads all over the place[/b]
Trust me, by the time it passed, if it passes you will be 21. LOL. I really doubt it would change a thing for underage drinking. I grew up in Texas back when the drinking age was still 18. I was able to drink at 18. A month before my 19th birthday they changed it to 19. After 11 months of being legal I was all of a sudden under age. LOL. By the time they finally raised it to 21 I think I was already like 22. Their argument at the time was many High School Seniors are 18 and will supply Alcohol for other High School kids. OK, its been a while since High School for me, but I bet plenty of drinking is still going on at parties. Im sure their are just as many drunk little chit heads running around today as there was when it was 18 back in the 70's. Yeah, Im old man. :_specialED:

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im all for it and I dont even drink. Its like here take this parachute and rifle so we can drop you by the front lines, but you cant sit in a Bar and have a Beer? Your not old enough. Yeah right.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Jordon, did you read the article? LOL
Legislation introduced in KENTUCKY, Wisconsin and South Carolina would lower the drinking age for military personnel only. A planned ballot initiative in Missouri would apply to everyone 18 and older. An initiative in the works in South Dakota would allow all 19- and 20-year-olds to buy low-alcohol beer.[/b]
Your gonna have to join the Army dude. LMAO

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Dude HELL no, I am 21.... and people my age cant even drive and talk/ text without crashing into people....

DEREK[/b]
i'm sure that there are people of all age groups... from 16- however old that are lightweights... lol

i'm also pretty sure it would be no less dangerous than a 25 year old single mom, driving her suburban down the highway 25mph over the speed limit while talking on her cell phone and giving her 2 year old child a bottle who is in the passenger seat. which is sad but true.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
mikey, i didn't read it haha

but i am five minutes from the WV border. actually i work in WV. and the county of KY i live in is dry and the bordering county in WV is wet. so it's not a big deal to me... haha

·
Registered
889 Posts
Sure if you want more deaths

i dont drink nor will i ever..... i see no ponit in it and when ur drunk people can do some crazy things

·
Registered
547 Posts
I agree with you mikey!

Besides.... there's a difference between drinking and getting drunk. You just need to realize your limits.

.... one thing about these 16 year old drinkers is that they usually do it at someone's house and end up spending the night.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Whoho missouri!! haha

i dont drink nor will i ever..... i see no ponit in it and when ur drunk people can do some crazy things[/b]
to each their own, some of my favorite times have come when drinking was involved. Nothing bad, just funny stuff that would not ordinarily happen.

G

·
i totally agree. you've gotta look at it this way, how many underage kids are drinking nowadays? i don't think the number won't marginally increase if the drinking age dropped to 18. alot of kids 14 and younger drink regularly where i am from and i know the rest of the country can't be that much different. it can't get much worse haha

i'm not just saying this because i am 19 and like to drink beer.

but in all seriousness. if you are old enough to get killed in a foreign country, then you should be able to legally enjoy a brew at the same age[/b]
if kids can legally do it at 18 then there wouldnt be as many parties because they can legally do it. but like now kids do it just for a rush breaking the rules.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Whoho missouri!! haha

i dont drink nor will i ever..... i see no ponit in it and when ur drunk people can do some crazy things[/b]
to each their own, some of my favorite times have come when drinking was involved. Nothing bad, just funny stuff that would not ordinarily happen.
[/b]
agreed! i had a few of those times myself

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
lol good thing they dont even id at the bar we go to mccown lmao ive been buying drink in there since 16, btw probably didnt have anything to do with the fact that i went to school with both of the owners sons lmao

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
man where i live people actually like pride them selves in getting drunk.. i do too hahaha example.. today i called my friend and its only tuesday and we both were like, ok man i call you thursday so we can go to our buddies house and play beer pong and get wasted... and thats what we do all weekend thursday,friday, and saturday... i cant imagine 16 year olds doing it... like sayed before some of my funnest times have been when we were drunk doing funny crap.. but i dont think it should be lowered to 18

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I dont drink either. I cant. Im alergic to it. Everytime I do drink I break out in hand cuffs. But, I have nothing against those who do. Believe it or not, most people are perfectly capable of drinking responsibly and do it. Unfortumeatly Im not one of them. Had some good times drinking back in the day. Some damn good times. Evenually that changed and it got outta control so I quit. But, all that said I still have nothing against alcohol or people who drink. Statisticly, I dont think anything would change if the drinking age was lowered.

·
Registered
499 Posts
i agree, if the age was lowered kids wouldnt be having parties. i know many kids my age who are crazy when they get mixed with booze and i always have to stop having fun and take care of them. i can drink resposibly but choose to do it with other that can also, not crazy highschoolers lookin to be stupid and get wasted type of BS.

-matt

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
i say raise it to 25 and any young person caught drinking, castrate them, and if its a girl, inject them with testosterone :_specialED: (at least 1 gallon) :rofl:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts