Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a 04 trx450. My bike was blowing out oil bad through the pipe. so i changed the seals. the rings are like new. and so is the piston. Valves should be still good got new ones this winter. i ride it and then i let it sit for a while and the oil never shows back up in the window. and i have to had more oil just to get it to show up. any ideas.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
your bike will burn oil....and it will 'blow' oil......out the breather(s)..... it is a fact of life...and typical of a HIGH performance type engine......

the AMOUNT of oil your bike is using may be a concern......if in fact your adding a full quart of oil after a few hours of trail riding..... but, if your only adding a few ounces...at the end of a hard run...... that is no different than most of us I would imagine.......

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
As 450RRR already mentioned....a couple ounces after a day of riding is typical. :yes

However...on some Rs (including my 07) many times the proper oil level does not show in the window.
I have found that starting it up and running it for a short while...then shut it down and wait a couple minutes to check the level provides a more accurate reading.
I have even seen guys just keep adding oil (because it seemed low in the window) and ended up overfilling...by quite a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts