Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys glad to be a part of the gang just bought the wife and I some new toys a 2005 Honda trx ex and a 2006 Honda trx 450er. I’m looking for to upgrade the 450 performance wise and was thinking about a exhaust system? Thoughts? On which one was thinking the yoshimara

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
yoshi, hmf, monster, dasa are all good choices. me i like the dasa the best

if you want some good power remove the airbox lid, get a cam and an exhaust

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yoshi, hmf, monster, dasa are all good choices. me i like the dasa the best

if you want some good power remove the airbox lid, get a cam and an exhaust
Ya I think I’m Down to yosh and dasa. So the dude before me put bigger jets and cut a whole in the lid so she bogs out if she’s in low rpms will that be the same issue as well when I put the new jets in for the exhaust? Was thinking about going back to stock jets so she can idle and not shut off

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
Ya I think I’m Down to yosh and dasa. So the dude before me put bigger jets and cut a whole in the lid so she bogs out if she’s in low rpms will that be the same issue as well when I put the new jets in for the exhaust? Was thinking about going back to stock jets so she can idle and not shut off
Need to jet it properly. If you do the exhaust and remove the air box lid you can generally use a 180-185 keihin main jet depending on elevation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Need to jet it properly. If you do the exhaust and remove the air box lid you can generally use a 180-185 keihin main jet depending on elevation.
If I went exhaust and 180-185 , it would still be able to idle and run in low rpms with out stalling? I live in Florida

·
Truck Yea
5,744 Posts
Probably. Can’t say for sure. Your elevation matters not where you specifically live. Closer to sea level the closer your jetting will be to those specs

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably. Can’t say for sure. Your elevation matters not where you specifically live. Closer to sea level the closer your jetting will be to those specs
Okay I’ll check it out my elevation is 104 I appreciate the advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys glad to be a part of the gang just bought the wife and I some new toys a 2005 Honda trx ex and a 2006 Honda trx 450er. I’m looking for to upgrade the 450 performance wise and was thinking about a exhaust system? Thoughts? On which one was thinking the yoshimara
Yo I just put the sparks exhaust on my 04 trx450r, they only offer full system and that’s what I recommend, slip ons are ok, but the header makes a huge difference. I bought the race core tip which allows a spark arrester to be installed. Also if u have a little money to spend, also buy the sparks cam. I couldn’t believe the difference. Night and day. Cams arnt too hard to install either. Just you tube it but do not drop any hardware down in to the engine case!!!! be very careful. And take your air box lid off and get a bigger jet. I’m running a 185

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
127 Posts
Getting the Rs to idle consistently is tough. Although there is some good advice above, sounds like you want to keep it simple. My thoughts either bite the bullet, upgrade to bigger intake/exhaust valves ($300-400) so a bigger cam ($300) can work like it should that will require full exhaust ($500) and re-jetting=($1100-1200). Or spend about the money on re-spring/re-valve the suspension. Having a smooth ride lasts all day and will normally burn circles around the people who threw it all at the motor. Slip-on will make it sound different, thats about it. Either way if you plan on owning these for awhile and do your own maintenance, then cam installation and valve shimming is something you'll need to understand. As said above youTube and a good service manual will be valuable resources.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Getting the Rs to idle consistently is tough. Although there is some good advice above, sounds like you want to keep it simple. My thoughts either bite the bullet, upgrade to bigger intake/exhaust valves ($300-400) so a bigger cam ($300) can work like it should that will require full exhaust ($500) and re-jetting=($1100-1200). Or spend about the money on re-spring/re-valve the suspension. Having a smooth ride lasts all day and will normally burn circles around the people who threw it all at the motor. Slip-on will make it sound different, thats about it. Either way if you plan on owning these for awhile and do your own maintenance, then cam installation and valve shimming is something you'll need to understand. As said above youTube and a good service manual will be valuable resources.
Yo good point, I’m about to put my Athena 479cc bore kit In and after market kibblewhite springs, seals and valves. But ur soooo right with the suspension, I want to get houser +1 a arms and use my stock shocks. Where can I send my shocks in to get re-spring’d and re-valve’d?

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
127 Posts
I would use Hygear suspension. Again, unless you increase the size of the intake/exhaust valves you cant get much out of engine/exhaust upgrades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts