Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy this 450 on eBay. I know it's not a Honda, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. What would you be weary about when reading this auction? The rims looked a little dinged up as do the tires but other than that it doesn't seem bad. Please help me out and tell me if you notice anything. This will be my first quad. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=220264941991

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was nervous about the price too. Which is why I posted it. It's not too far away, but far enough I don't want to make a trip just to see if it starts and idles. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
That seems to be a little too good to be true. :dunno:

I wouldn't hand over any cash until the the quad was in my posession and had a clear title search if it were me.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Is that exhaust zip-tied on there? Look at pic 5 enlarged[/b]

looks to me like the rear mounting bracket for the plastics is broken. a zip tie is going throught the plasic holding it onto that metal bracket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's only about 45 minutes away from where I work, so I messaged the guy asking him for his phone number. If he gets back to me in time then I'm going to drive up tomorrow after work. How much would the exhaust mount cost to fix? Wouldn't you have to buy a whole new rear fender to fix that?

·
Registered
745 Posts
ask for vin # and dealer he took it to for the inspections and work he had done to it and then call the dealer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ask for vin # and dealer he took it to for the inspections and work he had done to it and then call the dealer.[/b]
The VIN number is listed in the auction. I will ask him about the dealer work though. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its hard to say how much it was ridden no good side pics of the motor or frame. The factory paint on the rims suck and all that body armor on it for sure those rims are dinged up a little but no big deal. The rear plastics are zip tied to the mount but you would want to get new plastics anyway rhino lined plastic look like crap. If I bought it I would get all the guys info like his drivers license number on the bill of sale just because its an 08 and there is no title.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
It's only about 45 minutes away from where I work, so I messaged the guy asking him for his phone number. If he gets back to me in time then I'm going to drive up tomorrow after work. How much would the exhaust mount cost to fix? Wouldn't you have to buy a whole new rear fender to fix that?[/b]
Im sure you can do some work to fix it, epoxy or something. But truthfully I doubt it will hold up for long if you ride hard, so yes youd have to have the whole rear plastics replaced which can be close to 300$ This mount must be common or something, my friends yfz has "magically" lost like 6 bolts just flying out and his mounts on the grab bar/exhaust are starting to stretch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its hard to say how much it was ridden no good side pics of the motor or frame. The factory paint on the rims suck and all that body armor on it for sure those rims are dinged up a little but no big deal. The rear plastics are zip tied to the mount but you would want to get new plastics anyway rhino lined plastic look like crap. If I bought it I would get all the guys info like his drivers license number on the bill of sale just because its an 08 and there is no title.[/b]
I have to get a loan to get this bike and they all require a title. Could I get a title for it or does it already have to have one?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Its hard to say how much it was ridden no good side pics of the motor or frame. The factory paint on the rims suck and all that body armor on it for sure those rims are dinged up a little but no big deal. The rear plastics are zip tied to the mount but you would want to get new plastics anyway rhino lined plastic look like crap. If I bought it I would get all the guys info like his drivers license number on the bill of sale just because its an 08 and there is no title.[/b]
I have to get a loan to get this bike and they all require a title. Could I get a title for it or does it already have to have one?
[/b]
Bill of sale?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[/b]
Bill of sale?
[/b]
I'm pretty sure they require a title and you said there was no title. Is Bill of Sale the same thing? This is my first vehicle or ATV purchase so I don't quite understand the whole documentation thing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts