Honda TRX 450R banner

Looking for a entry level dirt bike for a girl

2K views 40 replies 14 participants last post by  mikey 
#1 ·
My friend wants a two wheeler. I let her ride my 450 the other day and she did pretty damn good. But, her passion seems to be dirt bikes and there aint nothin wrong with that. I want us to be able to go ridin together so Im lookin around. I dont have much to spend right now. Like $500. I know that aint much much but I am seeing stuff on craigslist. This is going to be for friend of mine. She is little. Like 5'3 and 110 lbs or so. I found this one, but the dude didnt answer so I left a message. http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/mcy/780971566.html I cant tell. Is that a Honda or is it a Chinese Clone?

#2 ·
looks like a clone to me. Honda doesn't make a bike like that, a 110cc nor looks like it, and no other major manufacture does either to my knowledge.

Yeah, if you find one, a Yamaha TTR 125 would be great for the purpose, my friend had one and it worked awesome with no problems, until it was stolen, man what a night that was, they almost got away with his brand new CR125 also. pieces of crap some people are.

#3 ·
That sucks. I hate theives. Maybe thats why I carry Chain Lube in my back truck (long story) I didnt think it was a Honda. I left the dude a message and said if its a clone dont bother to call back. Too bad money is so tight right now. I know for $1000 I could do way better.

#4 ·
#7 ·
I noticed it was deleted. Yeah, the Yamaha didnt last long. It was nice.
get her a 125 i got a 94 125 kawi the other day for 700 bucks with a pipe and paddles runs good etc[/b]
Sounds like you got a good deal. Is that a 4 stroke? We ride woods and she is a rookie and Im thinking 4 stroke. I found an XR 100 for $800 (forget the year) But , the dude said if she is only 5'3 it might be too big for her. She is really small. He also has an '02 XR80 for $900. But, an 80? Thats for kids. Post a pic of your new bike if you can.

#10 ·
i was gonna give input on my old ttr230 but yah shes way too small for that. I could just touch the ground with my whole foot and im close to 6 feet tall. I think a good bike would be a crf150[/b]
Yeah, that would be a good one.

#11 ·
#14 ·
My buddies girl is 5'5" and rides a crf250 she started on a kawi 100cc 2 stroke. she loves the crf250 can put in the woods if she likes had to scream the 100 up a steep hill she ways all of 90 pounds dripping wet.

they got the 100 for about 750 she doesn't miss it over the 250 four stroke but it tought her how to handle a bike and now she has a bike that makes it easy to ride. Stile can't run with with us on the 450s but if she was a better rider she could smoke us in the trails. Her boyfriend has a 400ex so she shows him up quite a bit any more.

#15 ·
IMO a XR 80 would be a great smaller lady bike... After she rides it a bit, and feels that maybe she could ride a bigger bike then sale it and move up... thing about a used bike is you should be able to sell it in a year or so for about the same as you paid for it.[/b]
Im really leaning towards that myself. We were at the Honda shop the other day looking and she liked the 100. Not sure CRF or XR? But Im thinking we could start her on the 80 then passit down to one of her boys. I wish she would get a quad, but she wants a dirtbike. :thumbdown: LOL Just kiddin. Its all good.

#18 ·
looks small.[/b]
Yeah, I know. But Im so afraid of her getting hurt. I dont think she has rode a bike in 20 years. She said they rode dirtbikes when she was kid. She thinks she is just gonna jump on and be a bad ass rider. If it was up to her she probably would get a CR500 LOL. I dont know though. I wanna see her on something. So far I only watched her ride my 450 on the beach for 30 minutes or so. she stayed in first and putted around.
Im thinking something small and learn how to ride then move up. The trails here in Oregon are really rugid. Lots of rocks, roots, ruts etc. Either way, I cant wait. Im lookin forward to us being able to go riding together. Still wish she would get a quad though.

#20 ·
a 100 or 125 is probably the best choice to suit her needs and ability right now, and to ease your mind :yes 4-stroke that is haha :sweatingbullets:[/b]
Yeah, I think so too. Thanks man.

#22 ·
now all you need is the deal, are you looking at any thing, or "browsing" haha?[/b]
Were finishing a house Im painting. She came out and helped me a couple days. We will start looking hard towards the end of next week. I cant wait. Actually she is pretty damn excited herself.

#23 ·
Still looking. Took her to Browns Camp the other day. This was her 2nd time on a quad. I must really like her if Im letting her ride it. "></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#26 ·
mikey...... my friend's wife has a crf 230. awesome bike. not to much. but i was impressed with its power. climbed some nice hills with him on it. that would be a ideal bike for a gal like her. she would'nt need to upgrade down the road. it would fit her for some time to come. IMO

if not the 230.... maybe a 170. i think thats the size down from a 230. those are both nice bikes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.