Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I was just sitting at work and had a bit of time and thought I would check out my old stomping ground, haha. I still have the R, however she sits in a shed pretty much year around now. I only get to ride it about once a summer since it is stored out at my parents house and I now live 2.5 hours away.

Just curious who (if any) of you are still hanging around here from back when I was frequent on this site? Hope all is well with you guys and I do appreciate all the help and insight you guys gave me right from when I joined this forum, I noticed you guys got rid of your member number, I recall I was down around 200 or so.

Mitch

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
Ive only been on here since last year, but i read alot of old threads from the search bar (thats where the info is) but ive seen posts from you 3 and its been very informative.
I personally feel piece of mind there’s still some of the older guys still here who can give advice i can trust. Lets face it riding ain’t what it use to be, and neither are the mechanics at the dealership.
But this site (in my opinion) doesn’t have the same activity it did say from 05 thru 2015. So you older guys are a tremendous help.
They say sport quads are a dying breed! Well i say ERRONEOUS to that!!!!!
I agree mr mitco39! Lets keep it going another 10 years. Plus us not so bright guys still need to know what jets we need and how to put a switch on our fans 🤣.

· TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,571 Posts
I like the FB Groups but it's nice being able to click on different sub-forums to get an answer quickly instead of scrolling through a lot of stuff until a random post catches your attention, lol.

Hope more old members get back into the forum routine.

· Registered
06 HRC cam new piston rings crank shaft cam chain sparks full exhaust uni filter many more bolt ons!
1,194 Posts
I like the FB Groups but it's nice being able to click on different sub-forums to get an answer quickly instead of scrolling through a lot of stuff until a random post catches your attention, lol.

Hope more old members get back into the forum routine.
Thats true & me too. I do have to scroll thru all posts. But its full of information i didnt know b4, so now i know what to look for. Im not on the book (not a fan of it) all social media for that matter. I go on my wifes For FB market place. You can find lots of good deals there.
The old members that are around dont seem to post as much as they use too. Maybe im wrong.
Or maybe its the “how do i fill my oil” or “what is this hose that leads to nowhere” questions that really doesn’t need the technical motor builders answer 😂.
I know with my first 2nd gen honda (06) im better off say changing a crank seal myself rather than going to the dealer and getting extorted. So ive been reading thru so many old posts via search bar. Incase i run into that or having to change my stator. Now i have the confidence to do so. But didnt b4.
I never had to go internal with the two 1st gens i owned. Never had to tune the carbs iether. Just fluid change ,break pads, chains etc. sometimes i wish i put money into an 04/05 (better platform for a build). But then again NAHH! I love my done up LSR 06. Just need to give it more TLC. 🤙

Reactions: KB Motorsports

· TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,571 Posts
Thats true & me too. I do have to scroll thru all posts. But its full of information i didnt know b4, so now i know what to look for. Im not on the book (not a fan of it) all social media for that matter. I go on my wifes For FB market place. You can find lots of good deals there.
The old members that are around dont seem to post as much as they use too. Maybe im wrong.
Or maybe its the “how do i fill my oil” or “what is this hose that leads to nowhere” questions that really doesn’t need the technical motor builders answer 😂.
I know with my first 2nd gen honda (06) im better off say changing a crank seal myself rather than going to the dealer and getting extorted. So ive been reading thru so many old posts via search bar. Incase i run into that or having to change my stator. Now i have the confidence to do so. But didnt b4.
I never had to go internal with the two 1st gens i owned. Never had to tune the carbs iether. Just fluid change ,break pads, chains etc. sometimes i wish i put money into an 04/05 (better platform for a build). But then again NAHH! I love my done up LSR 06. Just need to give it more TLC. 🤙
I have noticed if you scroll too far on FB the page resets itself, lol...

· Registered
1,194 Posts
I have noticed if you scroll too far on FB the page resets itself, lol...
🤣 . Not to sound cynical or dark, but most if not all of my old riding buddies are dead or in prison. So my face book friend count woul be 2 - 3 if im lucky. 🤦‍♂️ another reason why I’m not on the book 😂 .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts