Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of standard travel lonestar arms and they have heim joints for the spindles. I hate them, they squeak and are getting loose, can I get ball joints to in there or are they only made to be used with these heim joints???

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
my bro has heims on his a arms as well. dust gets in there and have an annoying squeek.

can you post a picture of the heims on your arms? specially the bottom one.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my bro has heims on his a arms as well. dust gets in there and have an annoying squeek.

can you post a picture of the heims on your arms? specially the bottom one.[/b]
Man I hate them. I spray Honda silicone on them before every ride but when I was it afterward it squeaks horribly. Hopefully I can get some ball joints. I will try to get pics tonight.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Man I hate them. I spray Honda silicone on them before every ride but when I was it afterward it squeaks horribly. Hopefully I can get some ball joints. I will try to get pics tonight.
[/b]

best way is probably to take them apart and clean them good.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
i also have a question on ball joints. are all the aftermarket ball joints the same? i need new ball joints on my 04 450R with burgard +2 a-arms but nobody can get them easily so would lonestar or houser or any other companys ball joints work?

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i also have a question on ball joints. are all the aftermarket ball joints the same? i need new ball joints on my 04 450R with burgard +2 a-arms but nobody can get them easily so would lonestar or houser or any other companys ball joints work?[/b]

yes, check with site sponsor JD performance.

·
Registered
636 Posts

[/b]
You are just making the situation worse when you spray silicone on them before you ride. The dirt/dust is just sticking to the silicone. Your best bet is to leave them dry. Seems like I saw some company making a cover for heim joints that had elastic on the ends. It covered the joint, and kept debris off. This was a couple years ago, so I'm not sure they even make anything like that now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts