Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Trx450r , i went to ride & down the road it cut off & Locked up, What could be the problem ?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have an 04 Trx450r , i went to ride & down the road it cut off & Locked up, What could be the problem ?
If it cools down and you can get the motor to turn over again I would say your bottom end is probably fine and it's just the top end, it most likely locked up from overheating, so I would make sure it's got coolant in it and that the water pump is working, because it had to have locked up for a reason. I'm no expert though

·
Registered
2004 TRX450R
80 Posts
A little history of the bike and motor would help. Have the main bearings been updated previously? Check your oil filter for metal flecks and your piston for excess movement. Either of those would point to main bearings failing and eventually destroying the connecting rod thrust washers causing the motor to lock up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
These year of the TRX450R is Notorious for their Crank Failures. Pull your Oil filter and drain your oil... I almost guarantee it is going to be chocked full of silver glitter. I have mentioned this a million times in the past on what happens and why they fail. But 90% sure you were the lucky one to have a failed crank. An overheating problem would not make it lock up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts