Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on my bike and the kick was locked so bad i could stand on it . i push started it one time , got about a mile in and it killed never started again . i can put it in second push it back and kick frees up but feels like the gears in the kick start slips . what do i do ?

·
Truck Yea
5,333 Posts
Bingo ^

·
Truck Yea
5,333 Posts
I took the oil filter out and i see shavings . what does that mean ?
just cause there are no shavings doesnt mean it isnt locked up.

Take the plug off and try and turn the crank, bet it wont budge. You need to remove the top end to start and see whats up with the piston first and foremost.

whoops i read that as i see no shavings. yea cranks done. prepare to split the cases and get a new crank. if you go hot rods buy the oem honda bearings and thrust washers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just cause there are no shavings doesnt mean it isnt locked up.

Take the plug off and try and turn the crank, bet it wont budge. You need to remove the top end to start and see whats up with the piston first and foremost.

whoops i read that as i see no shavings. yea cranks done. prepare to split the cases and get a new crank. if you go hot rods buy the oem honda bearings and thrust washers
Whats the cheapest rebuild to go with that will last a good while . send link so i dont struggle trying to find it .

·
Truck Yea
5,333 Posts
Whats the cheapest rebuild to go with that will last a good while . send link so i dont struggle trying to find it .
You dont want cheap, the entire job will run over 1000 bucks between labor and parts regardless. In order to change the crank you need to buy a new crank, bearings, many different seals, you might as well check all the trans parts for wear, and you should do a top end as well.

If that isnt something you are capable of-best to let a shop do it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts