Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure love this place! From big bowls, long trails, camp grounds to Sand Mountain. This is quite possebly the greates sand on Earth. I encourage all to come out and visit! I would be happy to meet any of you out there and show ya around.

JARED

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
that place sounds great, i'd like to go someday. got any nice pics?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
little sahara is awsome!!!Ive never been there but it sounds killer.lukester if you want pics and videos go onto www.dunereview.com. great site B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by XVIZIS@Jul 31 2004, 08:42 PM
I sure love this place! From big bowls, long trails, camp grounds to Sand Mountain. This is quite possebly the greates sand on Earth. I encourage all to come out and visit! I would be happy to meet any of you out there and show ya around.

JARED
I go to Little Sahara Oklahoma alot. I would love to go to the Utah side....I might take you up on that someday. We were thinking about planning a trip there...Someone to show us around would be great....

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was thinking about trying to go there next weekend.However I have never been there and dont know if Its covered in snow right now. :(
So can I hit it this next weekend? Or should I go somewhere else?I know for sure that I must ride, this weather here is killing me! Im going crazy! :lol:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Are you from Ut. crashalot? Maybe between you and KGB's new build we can finaly start getting some good competition from the TRX's.
As far as this weekend its not looking good. Its supposed to storm most of the week. I doubt there is any snow right now, but there might be by the weekend. <_<

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
He is from WY.
Yeah it was probably nice yeaterday, huh?
Mat, did you hear about my busted jug? I had to back track to a 480, but I will have it done really soon.
We need to ride!
Kam

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ya I read about it, luck hasn't been on your side.
Considering all thats done to yours including the 480, I would assume that you will be beating me, especialy since I'm still a 439. I want to go to the next level but theres so dang many options and theories. I dont want to hurry and jump into something just to find out I should of done it different. It will be fun to see what your 480 runs like.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I was thinking of trying to go down this coming weekend but it sounds like the weather isnt gonna coperate with me.
Oh well, maybe next time.

Kam,
I am still thinking I will put my 13.5:1 99mm piston in, Despite the few problems with thin water jackets.The way I see it, I'm all the way up here at 5200+ FT so the added compression wont be as much of an issue up here at this elevation.Think it will hold up?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Crashalot,
I would just take a look down the water jackets, I swear it was so obvious as to why it broke where it did, from that casting. I do not feel that mine would have held up with stock compression at 99mm.
Our elevation really does change teh static, so I would tend to think your OK.
Performance,
I have no expectations for beting anyone, I just want to have a
bike that scares me once in a while (without having to click 5th and pinning it down the mountain). It should run, and good, hopefully it will stay together, thats what I am hoping for. I am going to be looking really hard at a Z450 (if it shows up soon) and making one of the two a serious hill shooter and keeping the other as a duner on pump gas ( I still have a complete stock top end).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts