Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 04 450r kicker while changing oil noticed case was stripped so i helicoiled it works great but the little peice that you screw the coil in with
that has to be broken off stayed in motor tried running 2 quarts through it with plug off no chance magnetized a very small phillips screw driver and put it in there no help nether any ideas thanks does the filter pick that up or is it going to destroy my bearings someone on the forum gave me a good answer it was take off the left case cover and flush it out tried tilting it to right side wth cover off filled with oil and leaned back to the left no luck also tried using one of those magnetic pens didnt work either any ideas.?

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
should be able to find your 'lost item' by removing the flywheel cover (left side).......

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
bought a 04 450r kicker while changing oil noticed case was stripped so i helicoiled it works great but the little peice that you screw the coil in with
that has to be broken off stayed in motor tried running 2 quarts through it with plug off no chance magnetized a very small phillips screw driver and put it in there no help nether any ideas thanks does the filter pick that up or is it going to destroy my bearings someone on the forum gave me a good answer it was take off the left case cover and flush it out tried tilting it to right side wth cover off filled with oil and leaned back to the left no luck also tried using one of those magnetic pens didnt work either any ideas.?[/b]

that little piece youre talking about that has to be broken off, is it still attached to the coil or did it break off?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
should be able to find your 'lost item' by removing the flywheel cover (left side).......[/b]

yup same suggestion i gave him in the 'maintenance' section

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
u guys think its still stuck on the coil i have put the bolt on all the way already dont know if that would push it out

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
u guys think its still stuck on the coil i have put the bolt on all the way already dont know if that would push it out[/b]

that piece might still be on the coil.

put a bolt through a same size coil if you have extras and see what happens. put the coil on a vice or big wrench to keep pressure on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts