Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, finally decided to sell the carb used for the testing of my 480 at Venom Performance. Alot of information on this carb can be found in the Venom Performance section in the "pinned" threads under "NHRA's TRX480.."

This carb made a full 3 1/2 hp over my stock '04 carb on my 480 build all else being equal. I've since had the carb changed over to a methanol setup, but will include all the gas setup parts in the sale, as pictured. (Needle, jets, etc.)

I bought this carb new from Carb Parts Warehouse. It started life as a Keihin 41mm MX carb. After receiving it, I shipped it directly to Sredrum who taperbored it to 43mm with a new center ring, blended it to the removable intake adaptor, and also tapped the bowl to accept leak jets.

This carb has everything. TPS plug for the '04-'05 450r's (not for sure if the tps is the same on the '06-'08 450r's), Hotstart, choke, and intake adaptor. The carb is basically brand new. Never been rode with. The only time this carb has on it is that it was used for roughly 150 dyno pulls. Carb also uses the stock throttle cable. You would be very hard pressed to find a nicer "used" FCR anywhere...

To get an idea of what a new carb like this would run ya:

Keihin 41mm MX from Carb Parts Warehouse- $600+
Sredrum 43mm taperbore job w/ new center ring and tapped for leak jets- $275
Methanol kit parts (Needle, air jets, main jet, etc.- $50
Pre-tuning- Free ;>)
So, over $925 to purchase a carb like this new.

I'd need $650 shipped via paypal if anyone is interested. Shipping to the lower 48 states only. Carb would ship within 24 hrs of cleared paypal payment. Let me know if you're interested. Sorry, but I'm not interested in entertaining any lower offers at this time. Thanks- Kris

Couple of pix:

Thanks for taking a peak! Kris

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Very Very tempting but my priorities lie elsewere now. This is almost the exact set upi'm lookin for.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Aw shucks.........I only got 649.50........Damn!

Maybe next time.

This is a smokin deal!

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what intake adaptor is that....looks sweet[/b]
Thanks!

The intake adaptor came with the carb. I guess I call it the "Sudco" style adaptor, but I'm pretty sure it's a factory keihin part. The nice thing about it is that it attaches with 2 allen head bolts, so it can be easily removed for cleaning or changing air bleeds. Sredrum done an excellent job of boring the adaptor to match the carb also.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aw shucks.........I only got 649.50........Damn!

Maybe next time.

This is a smokin deal![/b]
Lol, Steve your killin' me!

BTW- Since you're such a good guy, I'll gladly loan ya fiddy cents at 0% interest for life!

Later- Kris

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Oh boy. I may just be looking for one of these bad boys :innocent:[/b]
And you said you were getting rid of it all. Addictions suck don't they.

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Oh boy. I may just be looking for one of these bad boys :innocent:[/b]
[/b]

LOL

Hi my name is Gary and I have a problem......

I got some serious tricks up my sleeve for this winter. Im done foolin around. Its time to make some freekin power!!
[/b]
That's why your awsome gary.

If you can't beat the habit enjoy it.

I'm in the smae boat, sadly I pulled a beutiful women in with me but she likes it here.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi my name is Gary and I have a problem......[/b]
Gary.......this carb is for methanol........not alcohol........geeze, get some help allready!

·
Registered
809 Posts
QUOTE(Venom530KingR @ Jul 24 2008, 03:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=534968
<div class='quotemain'>Oh boy. I may just be looking for one of these bad boys :innocent:[/b]
[/b]

LOL

Hi my name is Gary and I have a problem......

I got some serious tricks up my sleeve for this winter. Im done foolin around. Its time to make some freekin power!!
[/b][/quote]

That's why your awsome gary.

If you can't beat the habit enjoy it.

I'm in the smae boat, sadly I pulled a beutiful women in with me but she likes it here.
[/b][/quote]

LMAO

Well at least we can admit it right? Thats half that battle. The other half is making the $$ to support the habit.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Gary I'm really bad off. I'm workin on the best mod you can buy. Enough land that you don't have to leave home to ride. Then
i'm gonna get a bobcat and do a litle work. :sorcerer:

My names Charie and I have a problem.

It's OK though they like me here.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Hi my name is Gary and I have a problem......[/b]
Gary.......this carb is for methanol........not alcohol........geeze, get some help allready!
[/b]
and you watch your step old man or Im not sharing my custom goods with you :laser:
[/b]
LOL......where's the smilie with the old man and his walker?

Poor Chris just trying to make a buck, and we use it to admit we have a problem.

Step 1 of the 12 step program........dont intrude on someone elses thread.

Free bump for a great deal, should sell by the end of the day. If not Gary's gonna buy it just because he feels guilty and he cant help his addiction.

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump for the weekend. Taking off for the Venom test session shortly.

I won't be back on here until Monday morning, so if anyone decides they want it, send me a pm. If there would happen to be multiple
people wanting it, it will go to whomever pm'd me first.

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Kris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Bump for the weekend. Taking off for the Venom test session shortly.

I won't be back on here until Monday morning, so if anyone decides they want it, send me a pm. If there would happen to be multiple
people wanting it, it will go to whomever pm'd me first.

Thanks, and have a good weekend.

Kris[/b]
PM sent about carb

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carb is sold. Thanks for looking guys and gals.

Later- Kris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts