Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the 450r had a light front end is this true ?? thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
NOT AT ALL!! Those magazine "testers" must have been high while writing these articles. When Dirtwheels did their first test (not the shootout) they said it was a tad nose high in the air and they said it was BETTER for jumping because of this. Now, they make it sound like you are going to do a backflip by mistake due to the "light" front end.... -_-

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
allright thanks man ! I cant wait to get my R!!

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
I can see you have a 300ex, I had one before my R and..well lets just say you will sh!t your pants when you get on this bad boy :D Welcome to the site and pretty soon to the 450R club B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
the front of this machine is perfect.. :D ...it is light, but you can leave it on the ground, or lift it in the air, if you want...it does what you want it to do...very well designed.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450rlude@Jun 18 2004, 08:38 AM
the front of this machine is perfect.. :D ...it is light, but you can leave it on the ground, or lift it in the air, if you want...it does what you want it to do...very well designed.
Agreed........

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
The light front end makes the bike more controllable in the woods when going over rocks, branches etc. B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Jun 18 2004, 11:15 AM
The light front end makes the bike more controllable in the woods when going over rocks, branches etc. B)
that one of the things I love about it....While climbing steep hills with big branches, or little rock cliffs, its easy to lightly blip the throttle and lift the front over any obstilce in the way....even while on a hill that goes almost straight up and down....I love it

·
Registered
115 Posts
It's lighter than other quads I've ridden. In the dunes, I've found that the steering doesn't hook up as much as I'd like, even with razors.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Poiks@Jun 18 2004, 01:27 PM
It's lighter than other quads I've ridden. In the dunes, I've found that the steering doesn't hook up as much as I'd like, even with razors.
I ride alot of dunes and compared to my other machines...this one turns alot easier in the dunes....the thing about this machine is its not designed to turn. Thats why it dont turn very sharp. Its designed to slide....and it does that perfectly...I dont have any trouble at all turning this thing in the dunes....that is with stock front tires and straight paddles in back....The straight paddles in back are supposed to make it harder to slide/turn in the sand, But I still find it very easy, even with straight paddles.....just my opionion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I agree with lude, I live in the southwest, and 90% of my rinding is dunes. I can turn better with my r than my z400. I also can wheelie the z (without actually trying to wheelie) easier than the R.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Originally posted by Poiks@Jun 18 2004, 01:27 PM
I thought the same thing until i put my JD +1s on with their new Caster settings and this thing will turn like a Razor Blade with my Razor2s on it..... :D

They did make it to slide instead of cut on a turn .... that is where the caster settings come into play.....

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by twgracer@Jun 18 2004, 02:19 PM
I agree with lude, I live in the southwest, and 90% of my rinding is dunes.  I can turn better with my r than my z400.  I also can wheelie the z (without actually trying to wheelie) easier than the R.
I agree, my z400 willies easier then my R also.....and everyone is griping that the front of the R is to light...you dont hear anyone saying that about the z...Funny. that a good point. :D

people were saying the front is the R is to light only because they couldnt find anything to bizniggle about.....

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow , thanks for all the replies guys . I cant wait to get my 450r when do you all think the 05 hondas will be out?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fender@Jun 18 2004, 04:19 PM
Wow , thanks  for all the replies guys . I cant wait to get my 450r  when do you all think the 05 hondas will be out?
not sure when they will be out, but I love the new black one. :D

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know ,Im sure which one to get red or black! <_< :D

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I just got off the phone with my Honda guy and he said the 05 TRX450R will be coming in August. That's all I can tell you for now! B)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dude are you serious !! thats so sweet!!!! :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with the previous page. I have ridden many other sport ATVs, and no matter which one it is, whether it's a 450R, YFZ450, or a heavy Polaris Predator 500, the attitude of the bike in the air is determined by how you hit a jump. All three above, in particular, in my hands have pointed their noses way towards the sky if I was too far in the throttle coming off a jump. My preference for piloting skyward, however is the 450R. I have more control of this machine while airborne than any other one I have spent seat time on. What is said in Dirt Wheels and ATV Rider are said by professionals, who ride for a living. As much as I ride, I shall never be able to pick a winner between my 450R and my buddy's YFZ450. They're too evenly matched with the level of riding we do. If you like what you're buying and it makes you happy, then that's all you need to know.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts