Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i got a chance to really open her today. I was off Highway 82 in lehigh acres today. There were trails with a lot of whoops and the harder i pushed the more she would take. If anybody is interested in this spot let me know.

·
Registered
327 Posts
IM LOOKING FOR MORE PLACES IN FLORIDA, WE MUST NOT BE ALL THAT FARE APART. I TAKE THE FAMILY TO NORTHPORT TO RIDE ALL THE TIME. AND I HAVE A BROTHER INLAW THAT LIVES OUT IN GODS COUNTRY L.A. AND WE HAVE BEEN DOWN THAT WAY TO RIDE A COUPLE OF TIMES. LOTS OF SUGAR SAND TO DEAL WITH. DO YOU EVER RIDE CROOM. :ph34r: ITS A BIT OF A RIDE , BUT CAN BE ALOT OF FUN .

·
Registered
733 Posts
I also ride at croom. As a matter of fact, other than going to Ocala once, it's the only place I ride. Ocala was good for a couple of flat full throttle runs, but they have recently closed the pits due to law suits. As for croom.... it's fun but how about the dust?!? :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
if you ever want to make it down to north port . lots of good rideing in that area. it takes me just over a hour to trailer down. 2 well maintained m x tracks +++ a couple of sky jumps if your crazy enough to hit them. some people call them kickers. also lots of trails to hit. plus you can watch the 4+4 in the mud holes.anyway if anybody want directions hit me with a p.m. they pretty much leave you alone to ride. only really been hassled once.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
When I was in clearwater last week, visiting my grandmother I went to sunshine mx and checked it out. It looked awesome its set up like a supercross track, I didn't have enough time to ride though.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jun 16 2004, 04:43 AM
When I was in clearwater last week, visiting my grandmother I went to sunshine mx and checked it out. It looked awesome its set up like a supercross track, I didn't have enough time to ride though.
I am only 5 miles from Sunshine Speedway/MX Park and I haven't even been there yet. I heard that it is expensive to ride but not sure how much. Did you see an admission price? I'll have to check it out. What other places are there around here? Do you ever go to Croom or Ocala? My buddy and I go riding twice a month. He has a z400 and we are always trying to get more people together to go riding. The more the.... :)

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Yea, the prices were 25 dollars on monday but that's with 3 teachers to help teach people how to ride. Then wednesday nights its open pratice from like 6 to 10, at like 20 bucks. I live in indiana so I don't get out that way to often. What part do you live in? My grandmas condo is on highland ave about 2 blocks from gulf to bay(us 60) its in an old peoples community called normandy park. Next time I come down I will have to send you a PM, I tried to go ride with schmitthead but we were both busy while I was in. Oh, if you go to the track take some pics and post them on here.

·
Registered
327 Posts
lukester , what part of indiana are you from, i grew up out side of anderson. really small town called lapel.learned to ride on 76 suzuki 80. long time ago.

·
Registered
327 Posts
reddogg ,is it time to renew croom, do you know what it cost for this year, still need to get my son 400 ex registured so i can get his pass. thanks

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I live in lawrenceburg, its about 25 minutes from cincinnati, oh.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey lukester, I live close to gulf to bay and my work is on highland av near east bay dr. (686). That's real close to normandy... definately PM when you come down again and I will try to get some pics of the track sooner or later. A friend at work races school busses at Sunshine Speedway on the figure 8 track... he's f'ng nuts. He keeps more than one bus for when he wrecks!

wowa450rrrr, I think it is time to renew croom. I heard it's in June. I purchased my dirst pass this year in march for $35 (prorated?). The full year cost $50 last year... haven't heard of any change. If your son's EX has not been regisitered there before, don't forget your title or bill of sale. They're sticklers on that. I will be going in a week or so myself.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Cool, reddog I will definately look you up next time I'm there. My cousin lives on east bay right behind either cvs or walgreens, can't remember which one right down from largo medical hospital. Its a small world, trx450r_racer lives in florida too so mabey a whole bunch of us can get together next time I come down.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
clearwater beach (from my truck) :D

·
Registered
327 Posts
hey lukster , just wondering if they have anything new at kings island this year. my son and i spent 2 days there last year , and then 2 more at cedar point. hey i think you are just a state away from the hatfield and mccoys in west virgina. have you been over there , my family and i spent a week there last thanks giving. alot of fun for a florida boy running around those mountains. and it was cheaper to go there that to go to orlando for a week. if you get a chance check it out. about 500 miles of trails ect.... check out browning fork trailhouse on line thats were we stayed

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
I'm not sure if they have any new rides or not, I kinda lost interest since I don't fit on to many of the rides anymore I'm 6'6" 270lbs. I will ask my woman if she knows or not. I've never been to hatfield mccoy but I've heard a lot about it, its sounds awesome!

·
Registered
327 Posts
we were thinking about maybe going up this fall again, might be cool to get a group. the place we stayed at can hold 8 people, and they have two other places that can do 8 or 10. i think we are going to try to get a group from florida to make the trip. maybe there would be some intrest. i think we spent 80.00 a day for the place we stayed. i feel for you on the rides, im 6.5 and 245. i bashed up my knees pretty good on the baby beast. if you make it to cedar point, front seat on top fuel dragster. wow what a rush

·
Registered
733 Posts
Croom, Brookesville FL, 7-7-04...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts