Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem with the kickstarter seal leaking? Mine has a small leak, and by the end of a day riding there's a coating of oil down the side and back of the cases. I hate to take it in for warranty work for a seal, but it's making a mess of things everytime I ride.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by Witz@Sep 30 2004, 09:10 AM
Has anyone else had a problem with the kickstarter seal leaking?  Mine has a small leak, and by the end of a day riding there's a coating of oil down the side and back of the cases.  I hate to take it in for warranty work for a seal, but it's making a mess of things everytime I ride.
I have not experienced this problem yet but what type of trans oil are you using? The wrong type of oil can cause a seal to leak or over filling can cause this. Just a thought?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
550cc of Maxima MTL 85W or Honda HP Trans oil everytime. It just started doing this on the last ride out. I may just try to pull the seal from the outside and replace it myself. Based on the part number on the outside of the seal, it's the same seal that's used on the 250R and I've got a number of those. I'd rather the dealer take care of it, but it doesn't seem worth it to drive 30 minutes each way to let them do it. Like I said, just looking to see if anyone else has experienced this.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I'd agree, 30 min. is a lot of time waisted when it'll probably take you that long to do it yourself. Good luck my friend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts