Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!, obviously I'm New to this site, and I need help with a problem on my 450r. I was riding it this afternoon for about ten minutes and it was running great and all of a sudden shut off. I went to kick start it, it kicked fine twice, the third time it kicked back up real hard, the fourth time it kicked normal and the fifth time it was locked up. Now ive herd of a little magnet by the kicker in the case that can move and imitate the motor locking up and just taking it apart and resetting it and it being fine. OR my motor is locked up, but ive never herd of it locking up while kicking like that. Has this happened to any one else?!?! Please comments, questions and help is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!,
Mike

·
450R Rider
983 Posts
Did you try to pop start it? Was there oil in the motor? Oil filter have metal shavings? Make any type of noise when it died? Motor may have seized but theres a ton of possibilities.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I was scared to try and pop start it in case it would get messed up more lol yes there was oil in it, I just changed it about 1A0 hours ago, but I dud not check the oil filter. I will do that. and it did not make any type of noise before it shut off. I pushed down on the kicker real hard and it moved n felt like it was rubbing/stuck on something. Has this happened to u?

·
450R Rider
983 Posts
I have an electric start and no this hasnt ever. Id check the oil filter and look for metal shavings, and if it wont start by kicking it bump starting it wont hurt it. Someone correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ol, before work today, I checked the oil level window and it was empty. I didn't have a chance to check the filter for shavings. I don't get it though,,I changed the oil and everything about 10 hours age and y would it lock while I was kicking it n not running? It was not leaking at all either

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ol, before work today, I checked the oil level window and it was empty. I didn't have a chance to check the filter for shavings. I don't get it though,,I changed the oil and everything about 10 hours age and y would it lock while I was kicking it n not running? It was not leaking at all either
Anything yet ? Same thing happen to me there was little shavings in it no chunks of metal not a lot in oil more in oil filter I’m hoping my piston melted and rings are shot and my crank is okay this happen to anyone els ?wAs cruising in 3rd gear bike wanted to shut off like it had no gas I was kicking it for like 10 mins then someone pulled me home I bumped it once it started then turned off and after that it wasn’t wanting to reaping the kicker was stuck I can push it down if I use all my strength and a half and I hear somethijg scratching in does not pump compression it’s smooth scratching all the way down

·
Truck Yea
5,694 Posts
well considering this post is from 10+ years ago..and everyone who did post in it is long gone...i doubt it.

50 bucks your crank locked up. tell tale sign-it randomly just shuts off and locks up pretty much

Reactions: hoser
1 - 7 of 7 Posts