Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who all has converted from an electrick to kick start? Are you glad you did? Where did you get the parts for and how much? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Who all has converted from an electrick to kick start? Are you glad you did? Where did you get the parts for and how much? Thanks[/b]
i converted over but i kept the electric also. i am to cheao to buy the piece you need if u take the starter off. i got all the internal sprockets and shafts from ebay for 75. u just have to make sure it is for an 04-05 or 06-08 the one shaft that comes out of the case is different. i got the kicker for 35. alls i had to do is buy a new gasket. by far the best mod that i have made

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who all has converted from an electrick to kick start? Are you glad you did? Where did you get the parts for and how much? Thanks[/b]
i converted over but i kept the electric also. i am to cheao to buy the piece you need if u take the starter off. i got all the internal sprockets and shafts from ebay for 75. u just have to make sure it is for an 04-05 or 06-08 the one shaft that comes out of the case is different. i got the kicker for 35. alls i had to do is buy a new gasket. by far the best mod that i have made
[/b]

So I must get a kit for an 06 then correct? You need to find me a deal like that! If you have any links that would be great! I havent found a kit for less than 380. What piece do you need to remove the starter? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
[/b]

So I must get a kit for an 06 then correct? You need to find me a deal like that! If you have any links that would be great! I havent found a kit for less than 380. What piece do you need to remove the starter? Thanks
[/b]
yes u will need a kit for an 06 then. if you can find a 04-05 kit. u can go to honda a buy the shaft that the kick start attaches to. i think it is 60 dollars. the 06 is like an inch longer. if u take the electic start off you need some electrical piece. i was told it was 70 dollars from baldwin motorsports. i will look for some deals for ya.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Bobby Racers edge sells the kit for around 300 I believe... Think it includes everything you need..

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would you happen to have a number? I can't find it, Thanks!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will I need anything else beside the kit? Does anyone make something to cover the starter motor hole? Thanks a lot

·
Registered
567 Posts
Would you happen to have a number? I can't find it, Thanks![/b]
1 520 631 0797

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks. I called them and they don't offer a kit. All they have is part numbers.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
thanks. I called them and they don't offer a kit. All they have is part numbers.[/b]

If you add up the price of all the parts separately, Would it total around 300$?

Their should be a few topics with the part numbers floating around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts