Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K tomoro im gettin the dmc alien exaust, a k&n air filter and hot cams stage 2 cam, im hoping to get a pre made outerwears type cover or rig one up, so i wanna get the most air flow, but im curios to wat jettin ill have to run, any ideas, i will talk to the tec guys there tomoro, but in the mean time, the info will be helpful, i wont be doing the install till sunday tho. ILl be back tomoro with the exact setup ill be running for better ideas.

Ryan

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Jul 30 2004, 05:48 PM
K tomoro im gettin the dmc alien exaust, a k&n air filter and hot cams stage 2 cam, im hoping to get a pre made outerwears type cover or rig one up, so i wanna get the most air flow, but im curios to wat jettin ill have to run, any ideas, i will talk to the tec guys there tomoro, but in the mean time, the info will be helpful, i wont be doing the install till sunday tho. ILl be back tomoro with the exact setup ill be running for better ideas.

Ryan
I know with the alien pipe, and the stock air filter DMC wants you to use a 185 main jet....With the K&N you will get more air, so I would use a 190....you may try a 195...but I think the 190 will be dead on....this is at 0 to 3000ft elevation by the way.....as far as the needle jet goes, I would leave it in the middle (3rd position)....you can try moving it down 1 more from there to see how it does....but you may have to move it back to the middle....

This is with no air box lid...that is how DMC suggests you run it...let us know...

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will a cam change the main jet, also, the air screw how many turn, as well if i run it with a lid, wich jettin ?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
2.5 out on the air screw. ...You will have to guess on the jetting with the lid on...I have no idea....I would start with a 145 or 150 and go from there.....you can leave the needle in the middle.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would the cam help affect the jettin, wat do u think, or will it not make any difference, cuz i plan on firstr intsalling the cam to see how it runs, or will the jetiing not be right just stock, wat do u guys think? Thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by Trx450Ryan@Jul 30 2004, 07:30 PM
would the cam help affect the jettin, wat do u think, or will it not make any difference, cuz i plan on firstr intsalling the cam to see how it runs, or will the jetiing not be right just stock, wat do u guys think? Thanks for the help so far
I forgot to answer that...Im not 100% sure, but I dont think the cam will affect your jetting enough to have to change it......Hopefully one of the cam guys will come on here and answer for sure....I would put the cam in and jet it just like I told you above, and that should work out pretty good.

When I installed my cam I didnt do anything to the jetting,,,and it runs great.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k thanks alot, and if sumone else has any input thad be great thanks.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ill let u guys no all the goodies i gettommor, i will try to pick up a needle clip, but well see. Just to let u guys no i am below 3000, i live in sounthern ontario, sorry to be asking all theses questions, but once the cold snow comes, and the rivers are froze, ill be doing radar runs on the lake, and wide open racing down the local rivers, in this weather, will any jettin or air screws need to ne chaged as u would on a sled per say, going from hot to colder weather?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"ATV Power Packs" include: complete recalibration jet kit (including jets, needle, spring, shims, and detailed instructions), K&N Filtercharger Air Filter, K&N Recharger Kit, and Waterproof Outerwears Prefilter. "ATV Power Packs" deliver an average 15% increase in horsepower, improved throttle response, better performance, and all of this while maintaining optimum fuel economy. "ATV Power Packs" are easy to install, easy to adjust and compatible with aftermarket ATV exhaust systems such as DMC, etc.. This combination of accessories delivers high performance previously found only in racing ATV's. Install an "ATV Power Pack" today and instantly feel and experience real power gains.

Thats one of the kits im also gettin tomoro, do u guys know any thing about theses, and do u think the nedles clip in this kit will be sufficient? The hole kit is about 130 $

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ve done some experience with other motors, just not much in carbs, ill have my dad around and the guy down the road works at an atv dealership, also my grand pa is pretty good wit that kinda stuff, i will just take my time, and follow the manuel, Also i mis phrased that i meant to say needle instead of clip, sorry about that. I will be reading over the manual a few more times before i go any where, so far it seems with in my limits. My prior experice is demanteling and re manteling a v8 for crown vic and 5 hp motor, mostly, i also rebuilt the top end to a dirt bike, im just not too savvy on the jettin area yet, and thats the main concern right now is the jettin for me, thanks. I know once i take off the valve cover and see wat really is there for my self, that will be the point where i decide i know i cant or can do it, and well if i cant, its easy to turn back then, i know if i take my time and have my dad help me it will go smoothly. Ive done timming on the 5 hp motors alining the scores and such, the only question i have is when u remove the cover from the crank side to align the 2 scores, it says make sure its a TDC, when those marks are aligned is it at TDC or do u gotta be on the right storke, thats the only thing im unsre about so far

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By The way guys i really apreciate all your answers

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a tun desert 450, im def printing that out, i also pointed out all the stuff in my manual with paost its, you truely helped me out with this, and well i will prolly video tape the thing that way i can re watch it to make sure i went over it right, man thanks again tho, but im gotta get going, imm off to the shower and then were taking off to go get me stuff, once again, thanks, the help was very aprreciated, ill let u no how it goes, dont plan on doing any thing till sunday.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now i got an easy question for you lol, do u know any one who personaly ran a dmc on there 450 yet, and howd they liek it??

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea i just read that one too!! i was hoping they had a 450 r one soon haha. Do u think the pipe will come in around 96 db tho, thats the main worry i have, i would liek to go to silver lake and the restriction is u guessed it 96, by the way desert wats your name?

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alright thanks jeff, but im gonna get going, i wanna go get my stuff, so ill ttyl, my email is [email protected], i got msn or wat not so if u need to contact me just thot id let u no, and ill let you guys all no how things go.

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea im keepin all the stock stuff in a box, so when warranty works needen be done swap it all back and be like hmm dunno wat hppened lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts