Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size jet should i use with a Yoshimura Comp Series Full System Exhaust, K&N air filter with no air box cover?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450Rider@May 10 2004, 02:39 PM
what size jet should i use with a Yoshimura Comp Series Full System Exhaust, K&N air filter with no air box cover?
190. or 195. and 2.5 turns out on the air screw...I would try the 195 first..people say the 190 might be a little lean.... B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Ohh...and make sure you get the prefilter for that K&N...its a must have with no air box lid.

·
Registered
91 Posts
trx450rider, what elevation are you riding at? did you get a dyno sheet w/ your pipe? i have the tri-oval system

·
Registered
659 Posts
You have any pics of your Comp system , does the head pipe look like the one theat comes with the tri oval system? How does it seem to perform? Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
if you are two or more turns out on your air screw it is time for a bigger secondary jet

just words from a small engine mechanic

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
actually, don't go over 4 turns out from the stop, anything after 4 will not do anything for you. i checked this with Curtis Sparks, if you don't believe me give him a call. B)

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@May 10 2004, 11:39 PM
actually, don't go over 4 turns out from the stop, anything after 4 will not do anything for you. i checked this with Curtis Sparks, if you don't believe me give him a call. B)
Lukester, you are right.....you do not change jetting at only 2.5 turns out....thats rediculas.....

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by fast@May 11 2004, 08:18 AM
can you guys tell us if the yosh. pipe is any good
I think it would be impossible for Yoshi to make a crappy pipe.....Yoshi makes damn good products, however they are more for Suzuki or Kawasaki.....However anything they make is good.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all your imput! I have not got my yosh system yet but i will oder it online i just wanted to know the jetting so i can have it all ready. thanks again

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
You should ask them the jetting when you order. They should be able to give you at least a ballpark figure. Around 190 sounds about right though.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I just did mine yesterday I put in the 195 main 2.5 turns out on the air screw. It runs great but I might try to go up to a 200 main. I'm also running a K&N with no lid

1 - 19 of 19 Posts