Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a built 04 trx450r. I changed my Curtis sparks ceramic x6 exhaust to a Curtis sparks reversible megaphone exhaust (basically an in frame drag pipe) the new pipe is supposed to give a huge top end power gain. It has been proven 2-3 hp over a dasa on a normal bike and even more on drag motors. I had a 175 main jet with my x6 exhaust. I went to my local shop for jets and they have me a 198 and said it might be too lean. I ran it with that and it was cutting out a bit and had a false limiter. I then tried a 205. And it actually kinda helped with the false limiter but I could tell it was running too rich. Dropped down to a 185. It is running a bit lean and still seems to be having a false limiter at around 9k rpms. Do I need to adjust my needle, leak in the boot, Cdi? I’ve been super stumped trying to find out what’s going on. Just trying to get my bike running how it used to but with more power!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
A false rev limiter is usually from being rich. I would start with the 175 that your old pipe used. How are you checking your AFR? Are you reading your spark plug?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
175 was a bit lean on my old pipe. It was ceramic coated and the front of the header was turning dark. I am currently at a 185 and it seems to be running lean again. It crackles a a bit when I hold a steady throttle and I’ve had many machines that were severely rich before and it’s running how they did but with a false limiter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts