Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will i be fine using the hrc kit jets with a velocity intake kit with the aluminum intake tube and k&n? or will i need to get bigger jets. Also i just order a zeitronix wideband for my car and i was wondering if anyone has used on on a 450r and how they got the wideband o2 sensor to read i was thinking of using this to check and make sure i have the correct a/f ratio

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i run an esr intake with the hrc jetting/full kit........ it runs great! i hear a velocity intake is alittle better but.

i have a venom rat with mine and i'm happy with it. has plenty of power. it hangs with full aftermarket set ups........... for it's class it's fast. ...........you would be happy with either....... you don't have to modify the velocity intake from they say............... just remember to get the outerware for the k&n ......it's very importaint, for the life of your valves.

bm

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i run an esr intake with the hrc jetting/full kit........ it runs great! i hear a velocity intake is alittle better but.

i have a venom rat with mine and i'm happy with it. has plenty of power. it hangs with full aftermarket set ups........... for it's class it's fast. ...........you would be happy with either....... you don't have to modify the velocity intake from they say............... just remember to get the outerware for the k&n ......it's very importaint, for the life of your valves.

bm[/b]
Thanks for the info, Yeah i already bought the outerware and the k&n breather with the velocity kit

·
Registered
51 Posts
when you bought it did it come with instructions saying to put the 175 main and a bigger piolt jet ?

mine did and i used the 175 main and every one told me to put the 165 on because i was losing top end .. i just got around to doing that last night and i am going riding this weekend so i will tell you the verdict sunday.. i am also taking my other jets with me just to do a little checking out..

i raced my buddy and he has a 150r and we are neck and neck at the drag strip.. if i out run him then i know to keep the 165 in or even a 160.. but we will see... ill get back with you ..

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry i am running late on your reply.. lol but i did remember.. any ways i tryed the 165 m/j like everyone has said and i got my stickers blown off my bike by my buddys 150r... so i but back in the 175 m/j and the 45piolt jet and i am back to where i started... so i would say roll with the 175 m/j and maybe the 45 piolt you would kinda wanna play around with the piolt between the 45 and 42 .. but you have to bump the idle up a hair and you should be good...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts