Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a full yoshi comp system, I am currently running with a K&N airbox lid off and a hrc end cap...not hrc kit though. My questions is will I have to change the needle and pilot jet with the new system. and if so do I have to take the carb off the bike to change the needle and pilot. Also when you talk about needle clip position which is richer and which is leaner. sorry about the newbie questions. going to try and jet the bike myself, any instructions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Just swap the main jet for now and it shoud be fine, you might have to adjust the air/fuel screw on the bottom of the carb also.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Sep 10 2004, 11:42 PM
Just swap the main jet for now and it shoud be fine, you might have to adjust the air/fuel screw on the bottom of the carb also.
luke is right, you only have to replace the Main jet. I would replace the needle also. On the needle, if you move the clip up, it leans it out. If you move the clip down, it richens it up. No you dont have to take the carb off. For the main jet spin the carb sideways a little by simply loosening it up on both ends. Juts a phelips screwdriver. Then take a wrench and take the 1 hex bolt off the bottom of the bowl, and there is your main jet. Get a socket and take it off, and replace with the new one. The needle jet is a little harder. You have to take your gas tank off, take the 4 screws off the top of the carb. take top of carb off, look inside at the very bottom, you will see 2 more little screws...Use a magnitized screw driver and take those screws out. pull the throttle out of the way, and reach down there with a pair of needle nose pliers and grab the needle and pull it out. take the clip off that one and put it on the new jet. and put it back together....If you are running open air box start with the needle on the 3rd clip, and you can adjust from there....if you are at sea level you can probably get away with the 4th position witch will make it a little richer...hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Sep 11 2004, 09:34 AM
lude you must be in a peachy mood today ...  :D
Im at work and bored as he!!. I have to work 12 hours today and 12 hours tomorrow.....And I dont know why Im in such a peachy mood, other then just being bored....There is nothing to do....

I know go outside, wherever you are and uproute a tree, or knock down a bridge or something that will cause a fiber cut. Anywhere in the USA, and then I will have work to do....Job security....Just kidding, dont do that cause I really dont want to work. .....There is nothing on TV either. Now Im just rambeling cause Im so bored.....later. B)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts