Honda TRX 450R banner

281 - 300 of 321 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Needs help

i have an o6 trx 450r with K&N air filter, K&N power lid, FmF megabomb header, fmf Q4 back pipe, running an 180 main jet, 42 pilot jet (42 is stock size), stock leak jet, I believe I have an different needle but same size as stock just more positions ( has 7 positions running it on second one from bottom), quad runs great just when in about 4-5 gear when I am barley giving it throttle it cuts in and out please help should I change postion on my needle if so higher up on the needle give me more fuel or less, should I change my pilot, main, leak please help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wicked info man best jetting info i've read by far. Anyways I'm having some issues, i've been working on my brothers 2012 TRX 450R for him, I put on a yoshimura RS2 complete exhaust system and a high flow K&N Intake system as well as a Dyno jet kit..

I knew the K&N system would produce more air and alter the A/F mixture needing to re-tune.

The stock main jetting was a CJ 122, and the dyno kit said to put a 124 or 128 i believe. After the exhaust and filter was put on, everything passed half throttle tophad a bog and lacked power. So we put in the 128 main jet and bogg still continued.

IMO this bog was lack of fuel at the main jet?? So I ordered a 162.5 main jet and the bog is completely gone but the only thing the bike wont run without being on the throttle. Also bike revs pretty high now. Now i'm wondering if I may need to upsize the pilot/slow jet?

Bog is gone but now it wont run on idle

HELP before i lose my head LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everybody, I just bought cp piston 12:1 ,kibblewhite black diamond valves spring seals, hot cam stage 2 and I am wondering what kind of jet kid y' all recommended for 05 trx450r honda... Thanks..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Jetting questions

I have an 07 trx450er but the person that I bought it from put in an HRC spark arrestor and I am planning on putting in a k&n air filter what kind of jets would I need because whenever I slam the gas it seems to just lose all the power but then when I press it again it is just fine?!!?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a

04 trx450r
no carb mods
airbox lid off
k & n filter
Elevation: 768 ft
the heads ported
it has a hrc cam
hmf slip on
Elevation: 768 ft
and i live in Illinois
when i got it i think the main jet was drilled out cause my friend had a 260 (not sure what brand) laying there at his place and the 175 (Keihin) that was in it was huge compared to the 260 so we pulled my 175 out and put a 125 in but i havent got to get it started yet. putting new valves in it cause i bought it needing work.

hmf says 125 lid on and then 180 lid off but it says slip on/ full system so was unsure if there slipon actually needed as big as jet with the lid off as a full system with the lid off

so what jetting do you think i need?

·
Registered
1 Posts
07 trx450er problem

i just bought a 07 450er and when i get on it it almost seems like theres a false rev limiter to it, it just sputters in high rpms. i dont really know much about the quad but the guy said it has a dyno jet kit in it. also it has a k&N filter, stock airbox with lid on, and a motoworks slip on. thats all i can really tell thats done to it. the filter looks kinda dirty so i tried cleaning it but nothing changed. does anyone have any advise on what i should do. it idles perfect and launches hard but i cant race anyone because i have to shift before i hit that "false rev limiter"

thanks in advance

·
Registered
385 Posts
not too sure much about the "false rev limiter" But I do know the dyno jet kits are junk. Pick up a HRC kit from woodward ditch the airbox lid.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Picked up another 05, and its been awhile since I've messed with the round slide carb. It has a full Curtis sparks,hc-2,no lid uni filter, 180 main 48 pilot stock needle and position fuel screw is about 2 turns out. It is a PITA to start hot. Exhaust lash .012" intake .006" 100psi kicking compression w/ 6-7 kicks. It has a weird looking E3 spark plug that is sooty black..would a smaller main help it out any

·
Registered
18 Posts
06 450er

Just picked up a 06 450er getting a yoshimura rs2 slip on exhaust and a twin air air cleaner with lid on wondering what I should start with for jets right now it has a 138 main jet and the rest are stock was thinking about getting the hrc kit for it right away just looking for a good starting point. Im in Wisconsin so sea level is about 1000ft

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a recent build I'm trying to jet. It's a 2005 with a carb from a 06, r&d power bowl with adjustable leak jet, power wings in carb, full yosh exhaust hrc lid, stroked 3, hrc cam I think but am unsure on this for sure and a k&n filter. I have the fuel air screw 1.5 turns out. The leak jet is also 1.5 out the pilot is a 48 the main is a 185 and the needle is non adjustable. Thanks for any help or ideas. It seems lean all the way through but is unresponsive at bottom end

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was having a **** of a time trying to get rid of my bog issue. Spent hours messing with the carburetor, finally I started watching some videos on how the sprayer nozzle should spray. The ones in the video sprayed nice and straight through the venturi well mine sprayed at the the bottom of the venturi just passed the needle. I took a hammer and a punch to the nozzle and like magic my bog issue disappeared. I have an 06 450er 162 main, 42 pilot, 55 leak. slip on exhaust, k&n filter no lid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got an 05 without baffle and open airbox. Nothing else done. I am having a hard time keeping it idling. Its close...but it willl shut off at times.

I ordered the HRC Kit. I figure that should help. Now I need to set everything properly, is there a link with pictures as to where all the jets, needle, and air/fuel screws are?

·
Registered
70 Posts
just woke up an 07 for a buddy of mine after sitting for the last few years, it ran but ran terrible.

Fresh gas - gas was almost brown, fresh plug, pulled airbox lid, stock exhaust, carb jets are as follows:

had 120 main, swapped to 170
had 42 pilot, swapped to 62
had 70 leak, swapped to 55
2.5 turns out, was 3.5.
swapped stock single clip position needle for an obelR needle from a crf, 4th clip down
tied up the accel pump linkage.

sprayed carb down with some brake cleaner.

cut the green wire.

reinstalled - BEAST MODE!

so crisp everywhere, totally different animal. I need another honda. soon as my LTR is done..

valve adjustment and oil change sometime this week.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a 2005 trx450r i just installed a 13.8 je piston , ported head , dasa classisc exhaust , hot cam stage 2 , costum made intake , what jet should i run to run 100 oct ? On main and pilot thanks for any help

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi,

Im looking for some help with jetting and diagnosing issues with my 2012 450er. Currently I have Full Dasa Exhaust, No lid on air box, Uni Foam Air Filter. HRC Needle on 4th clip down. HRC jet kit.

I cannot get this bike to run just right. I increased main jet to 175 and it seemed to help. When i stall the bike it is always so hard to restart to many cranks to start and have even drained the battery due to this.

Any Advice Please.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Jetting help !

I was wondering if anybody could lead me in a good direction for jetting my 07 450er. I have a cp 12.5:1 piston hotcams stage 2 uni filter with air box lid off and a hrc head pipe with yoshi rs2 slip on.

Right now im at 175 main jet. 50 pilot jet. Needle on 4th clip and mixture screw 2 1/2 turns out. The bike fires right up runs strong through low mid and wot. Not alot of popping or backfiring on decel bit the plug is white when i pull it so its lean. Any suggestions of a good point to change from here?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ok need some help with 07 450er has hmf slip on pipe and just put in HRC jet kit and removed airbox lid and adjusted fuel screw to 1 7/8 out from seated position. Can't get it to stay idling for some reason and no matter how much I mess with the idle screw it won't change.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got my R&D flex fuel screw today. My fcr has hrc kit in it needle on 3rd clip 162 main 55 leak 45 pilot/slow jet and the fuel screw ended up being 2 3/4 turns out from seated. Just want to make sure 2 3/4 turns out is ok or do I need a larger pilot jet? thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
jetting question

hey i have a 2006 trx450er with a DG Bullet full exhaust and a K&N air filter and i was wondering if someone could tell me what size jets to put in it. thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man i got a 2006 450er and have recently put a full exhaust (dasa) with stage 2 hot cam and a pro design air filter….not sure what size main jet i should be using?i have a 150 in there now but towards the end of the gears it seems to cut out? any help would be much appreciated!!

281 - 300 of 321 Posts