Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 trx 450r just bought it recently and I have noticed that it's been bogging about quarter throttle and after chasing down the issues with process of elimination from wrong spark plug torn boot I re shimmed it and still have the same problem it's got stock pipe uni filter no lid on airbox far as I know no motor work done but I thought maybe its a jet issue and after a further inspection I pulled the plug out of the bottom of the carb and the jet fell out with it someone took it apart n evidently didnt put it back in rite so that kind of makes me feel like that's the only problem I ckeaned it all out and am gonna try it it's still blowing my mind that it even ran at all like that itd start up first kick lol gotta love hondas I'm just trying to get more info about the newer ones I have little experience with the newer quads

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,308 Posts
The starting circuit is different than the main jet circuit, that’s why it will start even with the main jet not installed. If you have your lid removed you will need to up your main jet from the factory 118.

I find it a little bit funny that you call a 16 year old quad a newer quad” 😂. They really are no different than quads from even 30 years ago.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Pull the whole carb out and go threw it sounds like you have some issues I’d do it right and not worry about it later. If you have no lid on and stock jetting you need to go to at least 160 other than that turn your accelerator pump in a half of a turn and go to a 55 leak jet those are a must with no air box lid

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked to a guy at a local quad shop and he was really adamant that I put it back to stock jetting and get a lid for the air box I got the carb cleaned out n gone through it started up but seemed quieter almost than before and it seemed to get hotter quicker and doesn't want to take throttle at all I am stupid when it comes to these issues I haven't monkeyd with it enough to only be dangerous I was quite amazed that it started rite up after tearing the carb apart cuz the last one I did wasn't a good turn out any help is seriously appreciated it's got me worried about what to do cuz after seeing the price for parts I'm really not trying to grenade it thanks in advance

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,308 Posts
It will be quieter with the lid on the airbox. What jets are in the carb? Where’s your fuel screw at?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts