Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a yoshi, trs full system, and i am about to order a new air filter of some type. I was wondering if anyone has opinions on what air filter is the best for power and engine protection, i also need help with jetting after the mods, i have the hrc installed, im planning on running no lid, and im at about 2500 elevation.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've got the K+N filter with proflow(no lid) and a Bill Ballance full exhaust. My jetting is with a Dynojet Kit and I have a 195 main,needle on the 3rd clip and my fuel screw is turned out 2 turns. Be sure and ask what size jet's come with whichever kit you buy. My Dynojet kit only went to 180 and I needed bigger than that. The air around this area is between 500-1000 ft. on any given day but I think the cutoff point for major air differences(for jetting) is around 3000 ft. I just got done jetting mine today for the second time(waiting for bigger jet's to come in)and ended up at what I told you above. You need to do a plug check at full and partial throttle to dial it in correctly. You want your plug to be a light tan to chocolate color.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts