Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Honda dealer called me today and told me that my 450r is here. I will pick it up on Monday and then all the development and testing will begin in preparation for my first race in early September. We had about six 450r's that came in about a month ago as "grey" products and they are U$1000.00 more expensive than the price of the true honda product, go Honda.

I followed the topics on breaking in the motor, but are still confused on how it should be done. Also does anybody know if the trx400ex oil filter will fit on the 450r?

I am also in a hurry to fit an aftermarket pipe, jets, airfilter and cam to the quad but my mechanic is suggestiing that we break in the motor properly, do the first race stock and then decide on what mods we should do.

Will post photo's soon, got the one's of the first race for a 450r in South Africa and will put them up also.

:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
i just bought mine yesterday an i have been reading about the break in too an the people that seem to be breaking them in like the manual says are useing oil well most of them i have ran one tank of gas though mine an i have been running it like i will be riding it from the time i took it off the trailer and it hasn't used a drop of oil yet.. (hopeing an praying it never will) but i guess it is just one of those things that do it the way you think it should be done

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Do not use the 400ex filter, it is different. When I broke mine in I didn't do any holeshots or tach it out for the 1st tank of gas. After that I changed the oil and filter and let it rip. Congrats on the quad! I would follow the advice you we given and race it before you mod it and that way you can tell what it needs most. I would at least change to different tires for the race though. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts