Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Truck Yea
5,434 Posts

·
Making HP ain’t free. . .
4,223 Posts
Oh, I have them laying around lol! Just none I’m willing to give up ?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Like the other said they're literally impossible to find a HRC Needle for the 04 and 05 Carburetors. I believe if I remember correctly you can get use the 400EX Slide Needle and it's adjustable and it fits the 450R stock carb... I think... I think the difference is that the needles Taper is just different then the HRC Needle either way it should give you the adjust ability you're looking for to enrich or lean it out mid throttle. Part number is 16012-HN1-003

To be honest your best bet would be just upgrade to a FCR Carb and get an Adapter and go in that rout. It also really wakes up the 04 and 05 TRX's matter of fact I just looked on eBay and see a used FCR Carburetor from a 2005 YFZ450 for $165.00 and I see another one in great shape from a 2007 CRF450R for $198.00 free shipping which is a pretty damn good deal, it comes with a twist throttle and cable and so on with the 2 I found.... not saying you will use the throttle part but you can make 30.00 bucks back by selling the twist throttle. Just search eBay for a FCR Carburetor you'll find a good one. They also have some knock off FCR's too, I know a guy who bought one to replace his FCR Carb on his 2006 YFZ450 and they are actually not too bad, not sure if they're made by a US company or China but either way they're just a clone of the real Keihin carburetors but they do in fact function identical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts