Honda TRX 450R banner

IS BIGBORE BETTER THAN A HIGH COMP PISTON

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Nor*Cal 
#1 ·
IM A SAND RIDER ONLY AND I NEED MORE OUT OF THAT LAZY 450, I BOUGHT A STOCK HEAD TO SEND OUT 4 PORTING AND I JUST GOT A STOCK JUG,SO I CAN SEND IT OUT 4 BORING AND PLATING. IM THINKING J E 12.5TO1 99MM, WEB CAM OR 13TO1 94MM PISTON. PLEASE HELP.

#3 ·
If you go big bore you gotta get a piston anyway. so go big and go high comp like mx333 said.

#4 ·
I would keep the stock bore with high compression and spen the extra money on the parts in the head.
That's many builds of learning talking. :banghead:

#5 ·
i have to agree with Jesse on this one. spend your money on a quality head and if your builder says he can get more with a big bore or stroke motor the you can play around with that. the most power is gained in the head and compression.

#7 ·
I would keep the stock bore with high compression and spen the extra money on the parts in the head.
That's many builds of learning talking. :banghead:[/b]

that is very good advice.

#9 ·
If a Mod or Admin see's this.....

Can this thread be moved to the correct section? There have been lots of threads in this section that do not belong here but no one cleans them up anymore.

Kinda sucks for those of us that took the time to create a rebuild thread. Lot's of nice builds being lost in this section....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.