Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freind of mine is a racer, through him I have met some cool guys. One of the coolest is Brad Smith. He has two boys, Cody and Brandon. Cody is the older of the two. He is an up and coming MXer. This kid is a pro, who races and holds his own in nationals. Remember the name Cody Smith (scroll down on linked page), he will be a mx star soon. He met up with some of the guys from Godfrey Films at the Cedar City Race. Cody was clearing a huge double, and they wanted him to come hit this 100' step up at their track. Godfrey Films, Gregg Godfrey, a friend, has a huge MX track and freestyle jump place in the back of his brothers trucking company. You probably have seen it on Fuel, maybe High Octane, or the Children of a Metal God Videos. He used to have a contest out there every year, they called it "Planet P". Now they are trying to focus on a race track.
So I hear tha Cody is coming out to try this step up last night. I said if he is doing the big one he is nuts (which he is). Well he cruises the jump a few times, rolls it, says, "I don't know, its got a weird kicker, I am not sure...."Dad says," don't do anything your not comfortable doing." He heads out one more time, hits the 40' table in front of it and never lets off the gas. Man it was awesome. This is about 100' do or die step up. The landing is at least 30' higher than the take off. INSANE! I got a few stills and a video ot two. He hit it 3 times.
Here is the jump.

Here is Cody in the air

Here it is,the first time he hit it, it caught me off gaurd, and you can tell by the filming.
The second time was better. I could not get the view I wanted because it was into the sun.
First Timer
Second Timer
NOTE YOU NEED QUICKTIME, go to www.quicktime.com, d/l it , its free. I suggest right clicking and "save target as"

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
kick Fuc*&^*&^(&*(& A$$.....that was the shiznit....

I only wish I could get the videos to work..... :(

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
wow thats crazy!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by lukester720@Jun 30 2004, 12:53 PM
wow thats crazy!
did you get the videos to work..... :huh:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
dude that kid is pretty freakin awsome!! how old is he?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I only wish I had the balls to do something like that. Then again, I wish I had a jump to look at that I could have a chance to maybe jump. But, maybe not so big. Anyways, good luck to him! B)

·
Registered
95 Posts
thats fuc*kin insane. some of the pros would probaly have to think twice before hitting that. too bad theres no sound on it. if that wasnt a step up he wouald have jumped about 180 feet easily. diffintly a name to watch out for in the near future. btw how old is he??

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is not a person alive that would not think two or three times before hitting that with out anyone to follow, or watch. Cody rolled over it 3 times before he nailed it.
He is definetly crazy, but has the equipment and ability as well.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by Rico'450R@Jun 30 2004, 04:09 PM
Isn't the longest jump by a quad 130'? :mellow:
240 ft set by Kangaroo kid on a banshee. You can see the jump on Huevos grandes. It was a natural double and it looked like he was going about 80 mph when he hit it.

That is one sick jump. He will DEFINATLY be riding with the big wigs in a year tops, that kid is good. 4th gear?

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You must not have quicktime. They work. I can email them but I have a server too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That jump looks pretty cool, looks like the take off needs a bit more pop. Coulter's jump in huevos grandes was only 180ft. i plan on going for 200ft in about a year... 5th pinned brap!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by KGB@Jun 30 2004, 06:57 PM
You must not have quicktime. They work. I can email them but I have a server too.
i definitely ahve quicktime...

·
Registered
587 Posts
Originally posted by jguetter@Jun 30 2004, 07:12 PM
That jump looks pretty cool, looks like the take off needs a bit more pop.  Coulter's jump in huevos grandes was only 180ft.  i plan on going for 200ft in about a year...  5th pinned  brap!!!

my bad, for some reason, that number really popped up in my head. He DID do a 210 ft gap but he had to bail or so ive heard

BTW, what brought you to this sight jon? just curious, how did you find it?

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Originally posted by jguetter@Jul 1 2004, 11:50 AM
someone posted that step up jump on the hbomb forum so i had to check it out.  by the way where is that jump at???
I was wondering where it was also :huh:

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jon, PM me and I will tell you where it is and I can hook you up with the Godfrey Films guy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts