Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I continue to ask questions about my 02 400ex on here because y'all are so smart. So here's my deal. I have the stock air filter and the air box lid still on my 400, and after like 1 ride at the dunes my air filter is absolutely just covered in sand, and there is sand in the air box. I was wondering if I could put some outerwear material on the end of the snorkel to keep the sand out, my only concern would be that wet sand or mud would get stuck on that outerwear material and majorly restrict the intake, or do you think this would be totally fine? I would just do this without asking, but then I've never heard of anyone doing this so I wanted to make sure with the experts first. Thanks

·
Truck Yea
5,680 Posts
get outerwears lid for it, remove snorkel and put a spraypaint cap in the hole.

·
Truck Yea
5,680 Posts
really? takes all of 5 mins to rejet it.

i suppose you could cut the end off a girls stocking and ziptie it over the intake snorkel if you wanted. I dont recall they make much for the 400ex

Reactions: El Mamito USMC

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really? takes all of 5 mins to rejet it.

i suppose you could cut the end off a girls stocking and ziptie it over the intake snorkel if you wanted. I dont recall they make much for the 400ex
Ok thanks. I have it jetted perfect right now and running great so I didn't want to screw with it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts