Registered
3,429 Posts
if your stuff gets frozen. you should be riding... LOL///

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interesting,are you thinking of installing one? & if so why,thx

Yeah I'm debating on it.. I don't have a heated garage and I live in Canada.. Winter is coming and these bikes don't like the cold. So maybe this would help and reduce the chances of messing up the 1way bearing due to cranking over and over... lol Would it fit?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Cold weather,never had to deal with that but isn't the one way bearing on the transmission side of engine? Maybe a portable heater on a milk crate to warm cases & most importantly oil ? What wieght oil are you using in winter?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Currently running AMSOIL 10w40 synthetic motocycle oil.. My buddy says i should use 0w40 for winter.. What u think?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Currently running AMSOIL 10w40 synthetic motocycle oil.. My buddy says i should use 0w40 for winter.. What u think?
You could use 0/40 amsoil but go to they're site,I think I remember it was more for utility quads than 10,000 rpm motors,if your riding straight out of your garage I still think heater is best/cheapest/fastest way to go other than a good battery/tuned,maybe other members can chime in,thx

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Plus if you warm the coolant it's only circulating around head/cylinder not down in cases where oil is

1 - 9 of 9 Posts