Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I tore my bike down I couldn't get the spindles off the a-arms so I took em to the dealer to take them apart cause I thought a press was needed..anyways

had them apart and had them painted took em to the dealer to re press em , this was monday now friday today I go pick them up wasn't done so I take them and goto install them and , You know where that castle nut fastens on to the a-amrs thru the spindle? well its crushed down about a 1/16th of a inch and I can't get the nut on them, threads are jacked! do u think I can try and thread them? or do I gotta buy new a-arms?

I wasn't expecting this and it fcked my whole weekend I was hoping for a roller by monday

JIM

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I think that you are going to be pretty much screwed then.... may be able to put some pressure on them since they removed them but the chances they take responsability are probably slim. If they were straight up they would have said something when they took the off to begin with... That really sucks but now you get to upgrade right? I remember a thread on here about putting other ends on factory arms though.. think you had to cut or drill something may do a search .

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
dang I can't think the name of it....but it's a nut that cuts new threads as you're putting it on.

I had to do this before and it worked.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sucks, its more the fact that they was just how I wanted them,( I know stockers aret the greatest or really worth anything) I had them painted to match my frame, and I didn't see any sense in buying new arms to only be the stock width, at least not at this point

even if they can't do anything at the dealer im gunna go freak out on them..lol

then buy some new arms

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
It sucks, its more the fact that they was just how I wanted them,( I know stockers aret the greatest or really worth anything) I had them painted to match my frame, and I didn't see any sense in buying new arms to only be the stock width, at least not at this point

even if they can't do anything at the dealer im gunna go freak out on them..lol

then buy some new arms[/b]
Before you run and buy brand new arms if you need to hit me up with a PM. i may be able to help ya out a bit

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all 4...lol im looking at some options right now, i didnt really wanna spend the money at the moment,but it generally never goes smoothly...lol thanks for the offer, even if i got new stockers id still have to have em painted again which is more time n money, just flat out ticks me off!

·
Registered
911 Posts
If you don't get any help, my stockers are just sitting in the garage collecting dust.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
i dont know if youll be able to rethread those. but what you can do is eliminate the bad threads, you have nothing to loose, so try it.

either shave/grind off the damage threads so the castle nut start on good threads.or cut off the part the part that is damaged. its gonna take the right tools to get it done.

good luck and phuck the dealer.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
^^^^Yup.....what he said!

I would just file or grind the top threads that are damaged.

The dealer that worked on you bike obviously don't know how to remove a ball joint.....scary!!...

·
Oregon Coast Duner
2,482 Posts
Go to the dealer... Worst case is get your money back for the work they performed... But I'd personally shoot for having them get new arms and some sort of $$ for the paint... If all else fails threaten to call Honda... Any little bit helps so I'd try that route before altering the arms they damaged.

It was just a ball joint removal for crying out loud.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep got it worked out, napa had the proper dye and I got them mounted and everything..

ill show some pix later

1 - 16 of 16 Posts