Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DONT TOUCH THE SOB... i am really close to just putting my quad away for the whole summer due to one problem after another, and essentially, the project is just beginning. this is a venting thread, it will include pics tomorrow once i get some sleep, thats why its going here.

so 5 weeks ago, i ordered my LT suspension. paid, everything great. i told them from day 1, i needed it by august 8th, my vacation (1 week) starts as of today and goes through next monday. i had a big winchester ride, 4 days planned. well this time came and went. come to find out, the business/guy i paid, did NOT EVEN PAY THE F'ING TAB for my shocks, he did not finish my a-arms, he stopped answering calls, and now has lied to me 3 times that he was going to pay for the shocks.

i completely missed/missing my dune trip/vacation now, because i dont have a frontend. i had to get with my cc holder, and im going through a fund withdrawl now. so i get to go through that fun process, then pick who, if anyone, i want to order LT and wait 4+ weeks again.

next agenda, i ordered c5 levers.. i had f3's. i just wanted to change colors basically. i get those today, and they dont fit.. they are supposed to come with a delrin piece that goes inbetween the rotator clamp and bar, dont have chit.. so i cant use them. im stuck without levers now also.

i have my bike completely disassembled, for PC/bearing replacements, ect. i had a shop do my calipers and engine mounts. the rest i do at work as its convenient and free. so im installing my calipers/reassembling. i go to tighten the banjo on my rear caliper, and its stripped. threads completely destroyed.. so now i need a new caliper.

the oven broke at my work from tuesday to friday, i was going to go in saturday to get my frame powdercoated for my trip and rush to get it together, but why bother now? no suspension, no levers, no rear brakes.

i dont normally let this stuff piss me off like this, as its just a hobby. but man, i bust my ass at work to pay for these thousands of dollars in parts, and i take these peoples word that i will get what i pay for. then one dickhead ruined probably my whole remainder of the summer now..

rant over.. go out and ride your quads, and enjoy them in one piece for me.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
That sucks man...

Who did you order your suspension through?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
That does suck ,

its like that old saying expect the worst and hope for the best.. parts can take longer then u wanted and parts can come in wrong its just the human natur of things, don't let it get under ur skin too bad...

I know im anxious to ride its been almost 2 months, and that's what I thought it would be..

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not going to get into who i bought the suspension from until its all over.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Well if it is indeed their fault with the suspension and none of your own... dont you think you would help potential buyers out with hassles that could arise much like your own?

Why hide a company who is clearly not being truthful with their buisness? If it was me and it was over a month and nothing got done i would be telling people to steer clear of them... Im sure there are more people in your situation with the same buisness...

JMO

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well if it is indeed their fault with the suspension and none of your own... dont you think you would help potential buyers out with hassles that could arise much like your own?

Why hide a company who is clearly not being truthful with their buisness? If it was me and it was over a month and nothing got done i would be telling people to steer clear of them... Im sure there are more people in your situation with the same buisness...

JMO[/b]
i have 100% intentions to share who it is thats doing this once im done with them.

nobody else will get into this, because they arent selling them publically yet..

·
450R Rider
1,148 Posts
Man, I know how ya feel. Ive had one problem after anoter since my winter re-rebuild. Makes me wonder why I even do it, until I get out and ride then I remember all over again. Speaking of which I get to go out and break some new parts tomorrow, just got my new Gforce axle its pretty sweet for $200...Wish me luck...

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

JMO[/b]
i have 100% intentions to share who it is thats doing this once im done with them.

nobody else will get into this, because they arent selling them publically yet..
[/b]
Gotcha... Goodluck with it all...

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well im trying to not get so pissed off at this situation. im going to state what is happening with my LT for anyone to consider. im giving the seller a chance to clear the air with me, and get me what i paid for through monday. if i dont hear from him, then i fully lose any hope in him being a standup business.

so july 2nd, i paid quad innovations (youll have to look up his name on here), for motowoz LT and his arms. everything went great, now keep in mind, i was told 2-3 weeks tops for these parts. i told him, i HAD to have it by august 6th. i was supposed to leave today (sunday) for a 4-5 day winchester trip. i have my vacation, the entire time was supposed to be down at the dunes.

so 10 days roughly before the time is getting close, i call him. this is the last time, i heard from him. he told me suzi @ motowoz would get me hooked up on my shocks, and he would wrap the arms up, and id have them.

so wednesday the 6th comes. i call him, pm him, nothing in reply. 7th, i get with suzi @ motowoz. im like whats going on? come to find out, my shocks have been done for 4 days, but the remainder of the balance hasnt been paid. i guess he had a cc on file with motowoz, and it was declined for billing. so that thursday, i get all this information, and i file a fund withdrawl from my CC holder. less then 2 hours later, he calls suzi @ motowoz, and says he will pay the remainder of the shocks friday.

i also got a pm on here, saying my a-arms arent even finished yet. so im very upset, ive cancelled my entire winchester trip, primarly because of no front suspension :rolleyes: kinda hard to ride without it. so at this point, ive lost the trip, i just want what i paid over $1500 dollars for.

friday comes and goes, he never paid, never contacted them again. so you tell me, what would you do? 2 weeks past the date you were supposed to recieve it, lied to, and some other details not worth mentioning along the way.

thats my story, putting it bluntly. ive been very patient. hes trying to establish himself, and lying to me, and i think trying to rip me off, isint helping. i will retract my hard feelings, well most of them, if there is a reasonable excuse for all this. i think that is pretty damn fair of me, as a customer, since it appears he spent all the money i paid him 5 weeks ago. now as a result, im not getting what i paid for, and ive lost my entire vacation. probably only chance this year to hit winchester.. my cousin and girlfriend also had vacations for this. we are all working next week now.

so thats it in a nutshell.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on a lighter note, here is a few pics of some parts ive had pc'd so far. only thing left to PC is my frame and 2 front hubs.

my rear caliper was ruined by the powdercoater trying to clean the threads. so i guess i can add that to the list of PC'ing once i buy another one :_specialED:

blue is matched to my motowoz springs. its damn close.. tried to find a blue color that blended decent. ive got maier blue plastics/flexx bar pad that match, then asv levers now that are blue (if i can get those to work, lol..), blue carrier, ect.

ended up doing pc colors like this

blue you see in pics: engine mounts, valve cover, calipers, motor mount spacers.

black: front bumper, rear grab bar, frame, hubs, spindles, battery hold down, rear fender brackets, arms, tie rods (if i get the chit also), swingarm, ect..

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
if indeed your arms arent built yet, id say get a refund from them.but i do hope you get that phonecall tomorrow saying everything is ready to go and being shipped out.

·
Stock 05 450R
1,942 Posts
Rebuild is looking good.

And I hate to hear what happened with the LT front end. That sucks... to say the least.

Really hope you get this worked out and get your money back or the products you paid for... and if you do, I hope the seller offers it at a discounted price since he screwed up your vacation and was not honest with you.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
at best, ill hear something monday.

i already supposively got a really good price on the two as a package. i dont want a discount, i gave an option of giving me tracking info for the a-arms and hearing from suzi my shocks were paid for, or refunding me the money. well see if either happens..

·
Registered
71 Posts
at best, ill hear something monday.

i already supposively got a really good price on the two as a package. i dont want a discount, i gave an option of giving me tracking info for the a-arms and hearing from suzi my shocks were paid for, or refunding me the money. well see if either happens..[/b]
Smc fabrication also sells there long travel arms, +long travel front motowoz for 1500 so you got a pretty good deal, but its not unheard of. You paid alot of money and your way more patient then I could ever be. I've been screwed over, time wise, for parts as well before from big companies, but I've learned that if there a big enough company, they could care less about the opinion of 1 customer. All I ever want, is some evidence that this company that I ordered my parts from still wants me as there customer, and an apology usually accomplishes that. I'm sure the company you bought your parts from did not apologize, therefore making you much more angry than you normally would be. Neglecting responsibility and attempts to avoid responsibility annoy me terribley too and if there was anything I could do to help you out let me know!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when i paid for these, i was asked not to release what i paid. i got a break, because i was buying his first set of arms.

it was well over 1500 though.

just wanted to clarify, 100, 1500, its still BS.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
you need to get those shocks in your hand and the rest of your money back. go with another company for the a arms. sucks to hear your story.

·
Registered
71 Posts
you need to get those shocks in your hand and the rest of your money back. go with another company for the a arms. sucks to hear your story.[/b]
yeah its time to get your money or whatever you deserve, and if not you need to tell all of us, because if he doesnt give you anything then we can all do something with you and help you. For example we all continue to call/email/ contact the man until he finally answers someone about your parts and if it gets to a certain point i would say court...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts