Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 06 trx 450r i have to following done but was looking for more power. i have a wiseco 13.5 piston. i run 110 octane at all times to help it run cooler. i have a hrc cam from an 04. the head was ported by budd fischer. i have all the little goodies on the stock carb. i have a hrc headpipe with an hmf slip on exhaust. . i have the green wire mod done. i run a n open airbox. please give me some ideas.

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
i think you have all the basic upgrades haha a +3 crank will give you more power.. bump your piston up to 14.1

·
Big Bore Killer
2,550 Posts
i dk the guy that ported your head but....
better porting maybe??

·
Registered
559 Posts
Stroke IT!!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
At this point it becomes what you want to try. Like said some head porting is better than others. I had one head done locally that made 47 and 28 or so, and another that is above 60 and 38ish. So that may be an option. Also having your carb bored will get you a little more on the top. You can go 42mm for around 150-200 bucks or you can go all out to 43.5 for 300 bucks. Then you can change the cam and go bigger and more aggresive.

Really comes down to what all you want to change...

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
how old is your portwork?

if you got good time on it then might be time freshen up the topend with new valves, seats, etc....

why not a big bore? if you dont mind me asking.
to much invested in your stock bore?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
A stroker would really compliment your current setup :yes ...and leave that early HRC cam in there :yes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts