Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i cleared a 90 foot tabletop that ive only seen one PRO quad rider hit on a 250r. If you guys are into Huevos series, then check out Huevos home video when they release it and you should see it in there. Heres the link to some pictures and all my thoughts 90' tabletop pictures BTW, my 450r only has the hrc kit, nerfs, bumper and holeshots rear. this proves the 450r lived up to the hype.

·
Registered
733 Posts
u da man! that's awesome...

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
ur crazy

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but I find it hard to believe that you cleared a 90ft table in third gear! If you would have said fourth I would have maybe believed it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by durabluz400@Jul 12 2004, 11:23 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but I find it hard to believe that you cleared a 90ft table in third gear! If you would have said fourth I would have maybe believed it.
Whatever dude, I dont need your reply to tell me that i did or didnt clear the tabletop, can you see the picture? ok good, dont run your mouth, and if you dont believe me, then buy the Huevos homevideo when it comes out, cause ill hopefully be in it if im lucky. Well thanks for all the POSITIVE replies, at least 95% of you believe me, thanks.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
no problem bro, one question what was is it like in the air for that far and long?? it must have been killer!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by fender@Jul 12 2004, 02:15 PM
no problem bro, one question what was is it like in the air for that far and long?? it must have been killer!!
Thanks man. The air i got was crazy, I was up there for what felt like 5 minutes, but it was only like for 5 or 6 seconds if that. I didnt look around while i was up there, i was more focused on the landing, because there were about 5 or 6 landings that were perfect and the last ones were just kinda crappy. i cased the top of it with the front over the edge and sinse i was wearing etnies (skateboard shoes), it really hurt my feet and slung me around quite a bit on top of the R. I will admit though, i was barely making the jump to the downside, but everytime i did, it was a nice smooth landing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Originally posted by durabluz400@Jul 12 2004, 11:23 AM
could have a huge kicker on it so u dont ahve to go as fast....or he geared up a few teeth or something...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I am not doubting that you jumped it, I am just questioning the gear you were in. Not trying to be negative either, it's just that I nearly cleared an 80ft table and I was halfway into 4th. That is why I was questioning it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
[/QUOTE]could have a huge kicker on it so u dont ahve to go as fast....or he geared up a few teeth or something...

That is true!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i was in third pinned when i hit it and the jump had a nice gradual (sp) face that led up to a nice lip so it not only sent you high as crap, but it sent you the whole 90 feet. Buddy grandstaff hit a 90 footer on his 400ex in 4th gear and he said he overshot it, and i know how he feels to land flat, it sucks. Buddy is the owner of quadfmx.com so if you have any questions for him, he always gets on the forums. My gearing is stock, but i guess its the way the jump is made that got me over it completely. We just sent the Hi8 8mm film to walmart to get it recorded on DVD so if everything goes right, ill post up a video on here when it gets in here in 2 weeks she said. Does anyone know how to get a DVD onto computer for you guys to watch it? Can you just open the vid up and save it to desktop, then copy the link and post it on here? thanks.

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
WoW! Thats awesome! Uh I can ALMOST clear a 35 foot tabletop lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't think there's any way to post a DVD file online for others to view. You'd have to convert it to WMV or MPG or AVI or some other format that's compatible with Windows Media Player or QuickTime.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Not to rain on your parade, but I find it hard to believe that you cleared a 90ft table in third gear! If you would have said fourth I would have maybe believed it.[/b]
The picture below is of me on a stock engined, stock control arm & axled 400EX with cross country tires hitting a 90' double in 3rd gear. It's amazing what you can do with the right jump, a little preloading, and a pinned launch...

This pic has not been retouched in any way --- unfortunately, it was taken before I had the awesome camera equipment I now have - the wife had borrowed her mother's manual focus camera, which she was unfamiliar with - so it's a touch blurry...

Here's another 3rd gear jump on a bone stock 400EX - the only aftermarket equipment installed was a set of rear Holeshots....

Here's a video of the entire run... lower jump was 4th gear pinned, upper jump was feathering back on 3rd gear.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ill try to figure out something so you guys can watch it, thanks. 86atc250r, those are some nice pictures and thats a nice video, especially getting that much air on a stock 400ex :mellow:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice! I've hit a 90ft tabletop and 90ft triple before on my C'Dale. I haven't had a chance at the triple w/the R though but will soon.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by Psychosis@Jul 13 2004, 02:14 PM
Nice! I've hit a 90ft tabletop and 90ft triple before on my C'Dale. I haven't had a chance at the triple w/the R though but will soon.
Hey man, welcome to the site. I was thinking of hitting a 30 or 40 foot triple next time i went to that certain track, im thinking of hitting it in second, but if i can get high enough rpms, ill hit it in third. Ive been doubling it, and it seems easy to get just a little more gas and triple it, but i dont want to run out of power in 2nd. Btw, how did your dale run? Did you ever have any problems with it? I still wouldnt mind getting a dale, they are nice quads.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
hondaracer305, That's really cool. How many times did you hit it before you tried to clear the whole thing? B)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts