Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy that bike of eBay I posted earlier this week, but I emailed the guy asking for his phone number so I could go take a look and he never got back to me. Anyhow, I went to the local dealership and was looking around and after seeing how pretty the new quads are, I'm getting one. I asked him the absolute cheapest OTD price I could get and he told me $6200. I called him back the next day and said I'm bringing in a check for $6000 and if I can't get anything I'll go somewhere else. He then said I could have either an '08 YFZ 450 or '07 450R OTD for that price. I know this isn't the best price, but it's the best around here. Which should I choose? The YFZ is a year newer, but I like the looks of the Honda alot more. They YFZ feels a little better though. I'm lost.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
if i were you i would go with the honda. the yfz may be a little faster out of the box but honda is the most reliable bike i have ever owned. have not had to replace a thing on it yet.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
6,200 is not bad.

buy the bike that you want. seems like youre leaning towards the YFZ since you almost bought a used one. its up to you, both bikes are reliable, fast. good luck, let us know what you decided on.

·
TRX450r.org Sponsor
1,517 Posts
If your from WV you could travel down to Union City to Abernathy's.

They normally have 1 year old models dirt cheap. I paid 5999.00 in 04 for my YFZ450. At the time the TRX450R was 5699.00

I paid a little extra for the Yamaha because at the time I already had a 300ex and 400ex. I wanted something different in the garage. haha

http://www.abernathycycles.com/new_vehicle...mp;CatDesc=ATVs

·
Oregon Coast Duner
2,482 Posts
I paid less for my 07 last spring plus I got $200 towards a helmet... I'd go Honda but tell him that the price you want is $5700 IMO.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
I paid less for my 07 last spring plus I got $200 towards a helmet... I'd go Honda but tell him that the price you want is $5700 IMO.[/b]

if you were commited to spending $ 6200
but got a bike cheaper say like $ 5700
that would leave u some cash $500.00
for an hrc kit or some paddles,
riding, etc.....
anything else to get you going

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They won't go any lower than $6000. I have to know the price before hand so I can go and get a loan and then bring the check in. I'll look into that Abernathy cycles. And sandshots, I was leaning Honda it just seems like all the good deals I find are Yamaha. That's probably a bad thing lol.

Edit** Just looked into Abernathy cycles and it's a 9 hour drive from northern WV. I'll pass. Thanks though.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
QUOTE(ghott @ Aug 6 2008, 01:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=540120
<div class='quotemain'>You from WV?[/b]
Yea, I'm from WV.
[/b]
I'm in the eastern panhandle. How close are you to Hampshire County?
[/b][/quote]

I'm in Morgantown.
[/b][/quote]

well since your on a 450r site then im going to say go with the honda im VERY glas i did yamaha is a very nice quad but i love my honda!!!

your less than 4 hours from me

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
6000 is out the door guys. that includes taxes and title fees. not a bad price.

personally, the comfort and ergo's of a honda make it a winner hands down.

morgantown just a couple hours from me. your not far from high point ( mt. Morris ) either.

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
yea 6000 OTD is a great deal IMHO back in 04 when i bought mine it was 7,500 OTC yea i got ripped but it was worth it!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,537 Posts

·
YamaWho?
1,487 Posts
6000 otd after taxes and all is cheap!
...Real men ride RED!

wanna strike a deal with him tell him you'll give him the 6200, if he puts in a hrc kit for ya!

·
Registered
11,022 Posts
6000 otd after taxes and all is cheap!
...Real men ride RED!

wanna strike a deal with him tell him you'll give him the 6200, if he puts in a hrc kit for ya![/b]

thats what i was about to suggest!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site, hello everyone.

I'd suggest going with the honda in your situation but its still totally up to you. I own an 05' r and I love it to death. I've ridden an 05' yzf and I just didn't enjoy it as much. More than likely only because I'm used to my own quad, but it my opinion. I've also have had very good luck with my r being reliable. Probably not much help but thats my two cents. $6000 is a very decent price as well. GL and I'm sure you'll love whatever you get.

oh and I live about 4 hours from Morgantown, WV here in Carroll County Maryland. Some of my favorite riding up around deep creek and Hancock. :):

1 - 18 of 18 Posts