Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't finish last in either heat race and finished overall 4th out of 6 riders in the 20 lap main event.

I had the pole for the first heat race and wound up 5th :dunno: still a lil confused there... should have been 4th but this damn banshee and rappy were ganging up and taking both inside and outside lines in front of me and I had way more speed than both of them but couldn't get anything on the straights or room in the turns (even when trying to sneak way down in and steal it). Also first turn after the start this new guy on a YFZ parked himself on my grab bar basically which made it feel like I was stalling or about to but he eventually passed me because he was much faster all that jazz than me anyway but I'll get him someday.

So that put me in the front row outside for heat two... took off like a bat outta hell on the start and lead like 3 laps and then that same yfz that took out my newly fixed number plate in the first heat race passed me and the banshee that started pole got around me again but that was it I fished 3rd there.

So then in the main I started outside pole again and once AGAIN was all over that flag guy and got about a 5 bike length lead on the pole guy. I probably lead about 5-6 laps in the main before I bumped the throttle while trying to brake (front brakes) and it sent me way high into turn 3 and it slowed my lap times down for a bit and I wound up getting passed because I did the same thing a couple more times so I had to settle with a 4th place finish there but still for me.... it was an AWESOME night.. and for me to have lead at least 10 laps tonight thats a HUGE plus for me and the flat track racing deal!! :rock: :rock:

·
Registered
566 Posts
cool man! sounds like you had alot of fun

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool man! sounds like you had alot of fun[/b]
I did have a lot fun actually!!

congrats.. singing the theme song for for the Jefferson[/b]
LMAO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I was actually singing that song on tuesday too!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah... slight update.. my team mate was out doing some trail riding and what not and I guess out there where he was riding there is some sort of MX track and he wound up going end over end because his throttle stuck or something (I think his glove got caught on the throttle stop or the screw right above the actual lever on the yfz's) and basically end result... a couple small fractures and a break somewhere in his pelvic bone so he's done for the season :slap:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
oh yeah... slight update.. my team mate was out doing some trail riding and what not and I guess out there where he was riding there is some sort of MX track and he wound up going end over end because his throttle stuck or something (I think his glove got caught on the throttle stop or the screw right above the actual lever on the yfz's) and basically end result... a couple small fractures and a break somewhere in his pelvic bone so he's done for the season :slap:[/b]
that really sucks man I will send a prayer for him..

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah... slight update.. my team mate was out doing some trail riding and what not and I guess out there where he was riding there is some sort of MX track and he wound up going end over end because his throttle stuck or something (I think his glove got caught on the throttle stop or the screw right above the actual lever on the yfz's) and basically end result... a couple small fractures and a break somewhere in his pelvic bone so he's done for the season :slap:[/b]
that really sucks man I will send a prayer for him..
[/b]
thanks

It really does suck but it happens to the best of em right? Being smart or not either way somethings going to happen someday and unfortunately it happened in the middle of race season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts