Honda TRX 450R banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am gearing up again for another storm. I found out today if the storm comes this way which it looks like it is, we will be evacauteing the base. It would be a 2 week vacation though which isnt that bad. Here is a pic of it current location. I am in the north-eastern part of Florida.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
that sucks man. that 2 week vacation sounds cool though

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I live just east of the bottom of the Lake. This morning they said it was going to hit West Palm Beach. That is were I am. At noon time it was Jacksonville. Last advisory was at 8PM they said the Melbourne area. You never know until it gets here. Look at Charley. It was supposd to hit Tampa then at the last minute it weht south to Punta Gorda. Also Andrew it was supposed tio be a direct hit to West Palm Beach. At the last minute it turned south an hit Homestead. I bought my generator then and it has been sitting never started. I will be making sure it works tomorrow.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Be cautious fellas.

I don't see any storms like that here in South Western Ontario, Canada...Not that I'm complaining though.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Good luck guys. To bad your vacation will not be to enjoyable. I know I could not have any fun wondering if my house was still standing or not. Just hope for the best.

Dave

·
Registered
529 Posts
this time of year is about the only time of year it's nice to live in Indiana rather than florida. Be safe guys, and make sure you protect them 450's.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Take care of yourself Smitty! If you need a place to stay out west for a week let me know! :mellow:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I appreciate it Rico!!!! Its kind of a far drive though, but still thanks. This storm has been wishy washy with its track and only time will tell. If it does come this way in full force i will be going to Atlanta. Its another excuse to drink some beer while my house is being blown away. My buddy with the 440ex is gonna follow me with a trailer so I am taking my quad. Maybe Ill be able to ride some place I never would of been able to unless this happened. I the kind of guy that always sees the good things in everything.

tom

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good luck guys!

Should anyone need an emergency place to stay, I have room in B'ham! We (my family) are really paying attention as well. As a former Ft. Lauderdale resident, we still have many family members up and down the state. From Miami to Ocala ... with my sisters living in Lake Okeechobee. My folks also have a vacation home in Lake Placid, so all eyes in Alabama are on Frances as she tears toward the Sunshine State!

Keep safe guys ... PM or email me ([email protected]) if you guys should need a place to crash.

I also have several NICE places to ride while you vacate your premises! Although I'll have to watch/take pics, because I'm the one that just had mine STOLEN!

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Originally posted by desert_450r@Sep 1 2004, 10:09 AM
Tie me to a fencepost on the beach the day it hits; I'll hang LOL ... I can run 10 miles a day and hold my breath for at least 1.5 minutes ... 

Now if mini-vans are airborne, then that's another thing altogether ... (Then I'm bleedn' ) 
It doesn't matter how many sit-ups you did this morning if you get hit with a volvo!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Aug 31 2004, 08:10 PM
I live just east of the bottom of the Lake. This morning they said it was going to hit West Palm Beach. That is were I am. At noon time it was Jacksonville. Last advisory was at 8PM they said the Melbourne area. You never know until it gets here. Look at Charley. It was supposd to hit Tampa then at the last minute it weht south to Punta Gorda. Also Andrew it was supposed tio be a direct hit to West Palm Beach. At the last minute it turned south an hit Homestead. I bought my generator then and it has been sitting never started. I will be making sure it works tomorrow.
same here, im in palm beach county.... hopefully it misses us TRX450R_RACER!!!! im suppost to be evacuation, but we're not going to. this bizniggle is bigger than our whole state!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
RL400 I live just south of Northlake off of Coconut. I am a little farther west than you. We are boarded up and hoping for the best. Good luck it looks like we are going to need it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by RL400+Sep 1 2004, 02:50 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TRX450R_Racer
@Aug 31 2004, 08:10 PM
same here, im in palm beach county.... hopefully it misses us TRX450R_RACER!!!! im suppost to be evacuation, but we're not going to. this bizniggle is bigger than our whole state!! [/b]
I lived in Loxahatchee for a few years like 15 years ago. Used to ride endless trails and dirt roads on my ATC 200x out there. Is there still places to ride out there or is it all paved now?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Originally posted by TRX450R_Racer@Sep 2 2004, 09:02 PM
RL400 I live just south of Northlake off of Coconut. I am a little farther west than you. We are boarded up and hoping for the best. Good luck it looks like we are going to need it
ahh ok. good luck man!! stay safe.

I lived in Loxahatchee for a few years like 15 years ago. Used to ride endless trails and dirt roads on my ATC 200x out there. Is there still places to ride out there or is it all paved now?[/b]
not sure... :( i doubt theres many places to ride out there now.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Originally posted by Danny G@Sep 3 2004, 09:52 PM
I lived in Loxahatchee for a few years like 15 years ago. Used to ride endless trails and dirt roads on my ATC 200x out there. Is there still places to ride out there or is it all paved now?

Nowere to ride out here anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
WOW thats insane. Out by Lion Country Safari there was a place we called "The Dunes" because there was bunch of soft sand hills and another place called Running Waters that had trails, tracks mud pits etc. There was no need to load your bike up to ride, just take off from your driveway and hit the trails.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm still here for now. There is 500,000 people without power. I am one of the lucky ones that still has power. We lost some shingles off the roof, but the worst part is supposed to be between 11pm tonight and 4am tomorrow morning. I will let you all know what is happening as long as I can.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hang tight man!! My dad lives in Boynton Beach. He just called and said his street is starting to flood and the worst is yet to come.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts