Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
ive been thinking about getting a full exhaust with a HCII but its too much for my budget. so i started looking and i found a HRC kit for a good price. HRC kit

how does the HRC cam compare to the HCII?

is it worth it to buy this or should i keep saving for a full exhaust and HCII?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
hrc kit is a great choice, much cheaper then a exhaust and cam, and probally not too far behind power wise,and u can always sell the hrc header and baffle down the road if u want a full exhaust

·
Registered
591 Posts
hrc kit is a great choice, much cheaper then a exhaust and cam, and probally not too far behind power wise,and u can always sell the hrc header and baffle down the orad if u want a full exhaust[/b]

I agree with that...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
the hrc cam i think is only a little less power producing than the stage 2 hc i have a full system with the hc2 and love the setup, to be honest though a was racing a friend this weekend and he has the hrc kit and i only pulled him on top end, up until about 3rd we were pretty dam close

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
HRC kit is a great choice. it comes with proper jets so the engine runs awesome and adjsutable needle to start you off, of course to even help you for future mods. it comes with a great camshaft, bigger joint breather so the engine breather more healthy during those high power RPM's, which some people look past, in which i think is very important, also comes with the intake air boot plug which suppose to help aswell.

the head and exhaust system is hard to beat even with a full exhaust from a ftermarket company.
its a awesome setup which runs really good and is reliable, of course is a HONDA performance upgrade which is proven.

most people start off with the HRC kit, swaps cams later on, add some porting and what not aswell.
but the HRC kit is the best way to start off on modding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts