Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm extremely new to the 450r world.. well, new to the sport bike world period. I've been browsing this site for the last couple of days trying to get an idea for what i should start out with in the way of upgrades, and i've noticed in nearly everybody's sigs that they have the HRC kit on their bikes. I've been looking for them and i've noticed that some kits vary from others. For example, I found one that has a header, and one that doesn't. Is there a specific kit that everyone gets, and if so, where should i order it from. This will be the first mod to my '07.

Also i have a friend that has a yoshimura slip on exhaust on his '05 and hes about to get a full system, so i'm thinking about buying it from him, but someone told me that it wouldn't work on my '07. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
the hrc kit will be a great upgrade power wise to ur 07, it comes with header,hrc baffle,cdi sub harness for 1000rpms , hrc cam ,hrc jet kit, and i think a couple other small things

04-05 hrc kits dont come with as much stuff as the 06-08 quad hrc kits, so beings u have a 07 its a good choice,

check with the site sponsors to see what kinda deal u can

and welcome to the site

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
what ^ he ^ said...

the biggest changes were the fact that the 04/05 kits came with a new HRC lid....(basically half of the lid was cut open).... whereas the 06/newer HRC kits simply have you remove your stock lid.....but you get a nice new header pipe instead..... plus the modded baffle, CAM, jets, sub harness, etc.....a lot of goodies for the price.....you wont be disappointed.... no one has thus far that I can recall.....

jmho

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
the hrc kit is a good mod for a stock bike.
you can order it through site sponsor, woodward specialties.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried them... no go. I thought that i read somewhere that you could get them for under $300. Maybe that was the 04-05 mentioned. MSRP is $359.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, thanks. Does anybody have an idea on the exhaust? I have no idea what model yoshimura it is, but its a triangle shape ( for all i know they're probably all like that, so thats most likely not any help). I'm not too worried about it because the guy would take it back if it doesn't work. But i would like to know what kind of a budget i need for an exhaust.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
i'm not sure about after market but an 06 muffler flows alot more than an 05 oem if i were you i'd just get the hrc kit and then get an hmf muffler ...the muffler fits the hrc header

·
Registered
14 Posts
here is the deal if your looking into getting new exhaust anyways dont get the HRC kit. Just get the HRC cam, take your air box lid off and do the green wire mod. Then you spend about half as much and you dont have parts that you dont need from the kit just sitting around. (baffel, and that 1000rpm thing) go to www.quadcommand.com they have just the cam!!

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
here is the deal if your looking into getting new exhaust anyways dont get the HRC kit. Just get the HRC cam, take your air box lid off and do the green wire mod. Then you spend about half as much and you dont have parts that you dont need from the kit just sitting around. (baffel, and that 1000rpm thing) go to www.quadcommand.com they have just the cam!![/b]
minus will buy the whole kit for the price of that cam! and then just buy a slip on. theres a full exhaust cam freedwire mod done the right way jet kit all for 500 or so.

·
Registered
10,711 Posts
here is the deal if your looking into getting new exhaust anyways dont get the HRC kit. Just get the HRC cam, take your air box lid off and do the green wire mod. Then you spend about half as much and you dont have parts that you dont need from the kit just sitting around. (baffel, and that 1000rpm thing) go to www.quadcommand.com they have just the cam!![/b]

im not convinced there are any cheaper methods than just buying the HRC kit.... they are usually priced in the $300-$320 range or so.... subtract the cam your talking about....(220+)...and that leaves only 80-100 bux.....then subtract the T-fitting, the JETS, not to mention the header pipe.....the resognator plug, the ICM sub harness (not needed if you want to cut your wire)......before you know it.....you have easily reached the $300 price mark...and you havnt even purchased your pipe yet......now include the HRC Header and muffler mods......which far exceed most slip on mufflers...and probably some full exhaust systems in performance...... you would have to add another $500 to match the performance.....

so again.....just purchase the HRC kit....install the entire kit...... and you will love the power.....

jmho....

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not convinced there are any cheaper methods than just buying the HRC kit.... they are usually priced in the $300-$320 range or so.... subtract the cam your talking about....(220+)...and that leaves only 80-100 bux.....then subtract the T-fitting, the JETS, not to mention the header pipe.....the resognator plug, the ICM sub harness (not needed if you want to cut your wire)......before you know it.....you have easily reached the $300 price mark...and you havnt even purchased your pipe yet......now include the HRC Header and muffler mods......which far exceed most slip on mufflers...and probably some full exhaust systems in performance...... you would have to add another $500 to match the performance.....

so again.....just purchase the HRC kit....install the entire kit...... and you will love the power.....

jmho....[/b]
Thanks for the help. Nobody was going to talk me out of getting it... I just wanted to know where i could get it for the best price.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

jmho....
[/b]
+1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts