Honda TRX 450R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe im just seeing it at the wrong angle, but what is the point of the entire HRC Kit if you are going to be buying an exhaust and removing the airbox lid? To me the only thing that looks like it is worth anything in the kit is the camshaft. I may be wrong, but please tell me your input. Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
your assumption is pretty accurate for the most part. many people are using the cam and piecing the rest out. there are a few who prefer to keep the air box lid w/splash guard and maybe use the needle and jet.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the HRC cam a good cam to have? I was planning on having an HRC cam,WB exhaust, KN filter, remove the lid and rejet. Would it be worth $300 for the cam?
Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
i think desert450r is selling his HRC cam. check out the for sale section. and... look at the posts on cams before making a decision. there are a lot of heated and very good discussions going on right now about several available cams. i think the best discussion to date is in the web cams post.

just my opinion, but i would not buy the whole HRC kit for the cam. and you can get the kit on ebay for $250.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i used everything out of my kit except the end cap cause i bought a new pipe. i diddnt touch the carb or anything else.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I bought a full pipe and used the whole HRC kit (except endcap), would the jets in the HRC kit work with the new pipe? And if not what would i change (main, pilot..). Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So a full pipe and full HRC kit with HRC jets should work ok?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thanks everyone for the help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts